The Question Non-Jws hate to hear! (Unless they're athiests)

by Mad 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dawg
    dawg

Dadroz,

I haven't read the Divinci Code nor any other fiction for over the last 10 years. I was too busy working on my masters at UGA to even think of such a thing. I didn't take what you said serious, and I hope you won't take what I said too serious either-I love you guys man; but as for you're statement that "any serious historian" or something to that effect thinks the diciples wrote the gospels, I'll bite! Name that tune where you've found a "serious historian" that actually thinks the gospels were actually written by Jesus' apostles. I've never read one, if you tell me of one I'll but the book and read it. No one knows for sure who wrote the gospels my brother!

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I think it was the golden calf.

• Mad
    Mad

Hey- you all are lettin' me down! Where's all the hostility, all the insults? Most of these are some really thought-provoking, intelligent! Now, HOLD ON! I said MOST! Bwahhahahahahahahahahaha!

Agape,

Mad

• Mad
    Mad

WhoAreYou wrote:"Did you arrive at this question by asking the 6 billion or so non-JW's in the world? Or are you just a fluffernutter?

Mad writes: No- why ask the other 6 billion, when many of them don't believe in Christ- but DO believe in the Trinity? And what the Hell ("Hell" Bible word/KJV) is a "fluffernutter"? If it's another ref to insanity, then Yes I Is!

Mad

<-----Self-portrait, after reading this response....

• Mad
    Mad

Hey, Warlock- I AM a JW; I KNOW Jesus has a God that he worships (Rev 3:12, thank you!)...it's the majority of churches that stick their fingers in their ears when asked this question...or start repeating the Sacred Mystery Catholicfart Psychobabble-Mantras! Is there something else you wanted me to see there?

Agape,

Mad

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    Did Jesus have a God that he worshipped?

The ignorance that this "question" reveals is staggering.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

hahahahaha ... figures he's still a dub.

Otherwise he wouldn't assume people would get all flustered over his stupid question. Hahahahaha.

Reminds me of going to the doors and bringing up some silly question that revealed my utter ignorance of history and truly of the bible and people looking at me thinking, "what the hell is she talking about?" And I would go away thinking, "Yeah, stumped them with that one!" Really I was dismissed and never thought about again.

Mad (to be generous), your question, if it bugs anyone, probably no moreso than a fly hanging around. Just a minor irritation.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Maybe Mad (Mike) just doesn't realise we stopped taking anything seriously a deluded Jdubya says or writes a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

dadroz:

Anyway, the last book of the New Testament, Revelation, was written in about A.D. 90 by John, of course when he was VERY old, just before he died. As for the hundreds of other writings that people have labeled gospels and assigned to Philip, Thomas, Judas (curious that he was able to write after he hanged himself), you're right, they're a bunch of bull. 1) The last book of the NT, Revelation, was not the last of the books to be written. Both several of Pauls letters, as well as the Gospel of John, are younger than Revelation.

2) Paul wrote some of the letters (ascribed to him), himself. Other, later letters were written by others.

3) The John that wrote Revelation is not the same as the John that used to hang around with Jesus.

No serious historians, Christian or otherwise, have any reason to doubt that Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were written by who they're associated with or at least an amanuensis (scribe/secretary) who accompanied them. As far as we know, Luke wrote Acts, Paul wrote to the Roman church, the Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Thessalonians, Timothy, Titus, and Philemon. Perhaps Paul, but many scholars say Luke, wrote the letter to the Hebrews, James wrote James, Peter wrote his two letters, John wrote three letters, Jude wrote Jude, and John wrote Revelation.

4) You claim that "no serious historian, Christian or otherwise, have any reason to doubt that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were written by who they`re associated with or at least an amanuensis who accompanied them". But on the other hand, this is exactly what all (aside from some theologically un-trained Bible fundamentalists) serious historian, christians and otherwise, claim to be the case, regarding most of the texts. The Gospel of John, for example, was a product of the Johannine community. No serious historians believe that it was written by John, or even some who knew John personally. It came from that community, no more, no less. The same is the case with other texts, in particular several of Pauls letters, which were written long after his death (and weren`t really "his" letters, but they came from the christian community of Paul, and was in coherence with his thought and views).

Of course anything after A.D. 90 would be ridiculous to associate with disciples of Christ, which is a huge factor in the fact that any other books were rejected by most churches.

5) The time in which the texts were written, hasn`t got much to with whether they were dismissed or not. The texts that were dismissed, were dismissed because they adhered to a different school of thought/christianity than the one that eventually were victorius in this "battle" over christianity. The gnostics lost, that`s all.

If you can find the records of votes for the canon, very few churches voted against Matthew to Revelation, and very few voted for any other writings.

6) The Revelation of John just barely made it into the canon at Nicea.

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/

• dawg
    dawg

True that hellrider!

I can't believe anyone thinks the gospels were written by the aposles; look at the discrepancies in each account especially the resurection story. Not to mention the nicene conference "voted" to leave several accounts out of the NT. Come on guys, to leave the JWs and join another cult-seems like someone might need a little therapy here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit