What sets your feet to dancing?

by Frannie Banannie 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Music starts and my feet start a tapping. I can't help myself. I cannot bea to sit still when music is on. My heart really resides with the old Motown hits and music such as Ms. McD sets out here. But if you put on some music such as Santana or anything with a stong Spanish influence, well you got me.

I think having so many older brothers and sisters influence me and such a range of places and people I was exposed to helped my love of dancing and music along. My oldest Brother Had a lot of Deep Purple and Led Zepplin type music. Then my one sister was constantly listening to Jose Feliciano and Julio Inglecias and Cumbias, Mariachis, and strong latin band music. My other sister had the corner on sappy music such as Christopher Cross and Roberta Flack and my mom listened to all Motown, Musicals and Big Band Music...old Perry Como and such various things. Of course the 70's and 80, 90's and current have not missed me and my kids now keep me abreast with the various music out there. My step dad listened to a lot of Loretta Lynne, Earnest tubbs, Johnney Cash and all the Willy Nelson he could find. I still cannot remember who sings what, but if you turn it on, I am dancing. I married a 80's Punk band fan and then a heavy metal thrasher added onto that. Worked in a country bar and spent a lot of time clubbing with friends that had bands when I first hit Dallas.

Music... It is a good thing. It feels good, One of the best releases and distracts my mind and takes me to a place where I can just sway, stomp, hip hop and bounce , jig and bump it all out.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I believe you are referring to "Funkentelechy...?" If you are, then yes, I like that one too, and it's also on "Funkentelechy vs. The Placebo Syndrome." If that's not what you mean, tell me what you know about that song and I'll try to find the rest.

Yep, that's it! P-funker here! Raise the roof! Peace out homie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit