BEER THREAD

by nvrgnbk 403 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I bought some Innis & Gunn today. Haven't tried it yet (dentist today ) but I'll let ya know how I liked it when I do!

BB

Let us know your tasting notes. I'll give mine later this week!

Better yet, we should meet and drink it up together! Any friend of apostates is a friend of mine!

Frank75

OOOOOHHHH I like that idea Frank!! We can get several different beers and have a "beer tasting". At least with beer, you don't have to spit it out!! lol There are a bunch of different micro breweries where I live, lots of choices!!

BB

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing
    And from Pennsylvania, where TheCoolerKing is from, Yuengling Porter. http://www.yuengling.com/beers_porter.htm

Thanks for the link NVR! This sounds like a winner. I think I'll pick up a case of this Porter for the weekend!!!

• Frank75
    Frank75
    And from Pennsylvania, where TheCoolerKing is from, Yuengling Porter. http://www.yuengling.com/beers_porter.htm

Thanks for the link NVR! This sounds like a winner. I think I'll pick up a case of this Porter for the weekend!!!

Boohooo!

Can't seem to locate this in Ontario. Looks like the Brewery only services the East Coast USA. Shame!

In response I picked up one of these today. Sinha from of all places Sri Lanka!

alt

Here is a review found online....I'll tell you if I share the sentiments after this weekend!

SinhaStout by the Lion Brewery Ceylon Limited has a massively mocha chord, coffee ice cream lacing a-plenty over a jet black brew. When first poured, the head is lumpy like beige ski moguls. In the mouth there is plenty of sub-minty bitter hops and bitter chocolate coffee malt. It goes on forever without turning this way or that until it opens into a lingering sweetness. Loverly.

Good enough for me!

Cheers!

Frank75

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Hello there Frank75! I too love a goot stout beer this being my favorite:

Yet I do confess I'm not really a conosuer of beer but Murphy's has my taste buds a-ga-ga! My friends laugh at me because I love such a full bodied dark beer and my other favorite is totally at the other end of the spectrum being a pale ale fuu-fuu beer, which is:

alt

Oh I could go for one of those right now ice cold, yum!

Cheers!

• R.F.
    R.F.

Had a good ole Amber Bock today.

• Frank75
    Frank75
    bikerchic -

Hello there Frank75! I too love a goot stout beer this being my favorite:

Are you a German biker chick who likes Irish Stout? (sorry, just picking up on the "goot" above) LOL

It is amazing you mention it. Murphy's was one of my next few Stout Porters to feature. You beat me to it!

It is a good one. Some like to make comparisons with Guinness, but I believe it stands on its own like any beer.

Can't get Rolling Rock up here. I don't think it is funny that you like it all. Any man or woman that likes Steak is allowed to like Fish or even Foul too....No?

Pale Ales have their place at the table, on the beach, by the pool.......etc.!

Cheers!

Frank75

BTW what are you ridin'?

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

strawberries are abundant this time of the year here in new orleans. a local brewery named Abita makes a strawberry beer. mmmmmm it's so good.

• Frank75
    Frank75

RF:

Is the beer just called Amber Bock or is their a brand associated with it?

Two nice Ambers we have here in Ontario are JR Brickman and Trafalgar Portside Amber

Cheers

Frank75

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

RF:

Is the beer just called Amber Bock or is their a brand associated with it?

I am going to assume R.F. is referring to good old Michelob Amber Bock.

Interesting note on Rolling Rock for bikerchic: This brew was produced for generations( since the 1930s) in Latrobe, PA, not far from Pittsburgh.

Sadly, they were recently bought out by Anheuser-Busch, who opted to shut down production in Latrobe. Now it's produced in Newark, NJ.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Yes i'm refering to Michelob Amber Bock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit