BEER THREAD

by nvrgnbk 403 Replies latest jw friends

• Frank75
    Frank75
    shut down production in Latrobe. Now it's produced in Newark, NJ.

Too bad for your stompin grounds NVR

But Ah! New Jersey, the oil and petrochemicals state.

Hope none of that gets into the water table!

Frank75

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Cheers Frank!

It is amazing you mention it. Murphy's was one of my next few Stout Porters to feature. You beat me to it!

It is a good one. Some like to make comparisons with Guinness, but I believe it stands on its own like any beer.

Can't get Rolling Rock up here. I don't think it is funny that you like it all. Any man or woman that likes Steak is allowed to like Fish or even Foul too....No?

Pale Ales have their place at the table, on the beach, by the pool.......etc.!

Cheers!

Awe I'll take Murphy's over Guinness any day. My son loves Guinness so much that he even went to Ireland to see where it's made.....well that and he was on his honeymoon, LOL. Anyhoo we have that Murphy v Guinness discussion frequently. Good thing about it is he buys me a Murphy's just to compare with his Guinness.....LOL I don't know if he's figured it out yet but I'll even drink a sip or two of the Guinness to get a pint of Murphy's! and free!

Yeah I really tend to like Rolling Rock in the summer time it's a light refreshing beer especially on a hot day.

BTW what are you ridin'?

A bicycle. No more Harley for moi.

BTW do you know what beer a cyclist would be drawn too, LOL just a quiz?

nvb:

Interesting note on Rolling Rock for bikerchic : This brew was produced for generations( since the 1930s) in Latrobe, PA, not far from Pittsburgh.

Sadly, they were recently bought out by Anheuser-Busch, who opted to shut down production in Latrobe. Now it's produced in Newark, NJ.

I didn't know that! I've been to a couple of Bush Garden's theme parks in California back in the days when you could *sample* beer free, yeah that's what I like, hee,hee free beer!

First time I ever tasted an Amber Ale was at the Bush Garden in SandyEggo, they had several experimental beers there too and some of them were darn right awesome, some tasted like skunk water. Never noticed if any made it to market that I recall.

• Frank75
    Frank75

Awe I'll take Murphy's over Guinness any day. My son loves Guinness so much that he even went to Ireland to see where it's made.....well that and he was on his honeymoon, LOL. Anyhoo we have that Murphy v Guinness discussion frequently. Good thing about it is he buys me a Murphy's just to compare with his Guinness.....LOL I don't know if he's figured it out yet but I'll even drink a sip or two of the Guinness to get a pint of Murphy's! and free!

I'll take any beer if you're offering it too! One of the other? Well I like the female to be on top anyway if that helps

Anyone who wades into the Guinness V Murphy's debate, well You just have to get your hands on a Fullers London Porter my dear. Read what I wrote above and then search away.

Cheers!

Frank75

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Frank,

I was able to find the Fuller's London Porter in cans today - bought a couple of nice tall ones!! Will let you know how it pairs up with the steak. Thanks for the recommendation.

BB

• Frank75
    Frank75

Beer is generally a solitary beverage. The drink quenches thirst and refreshes as well as imparts a good buzz!

Drinking beer with food is also popular, but unfortunately most are accustomed to drinking a limited array or types of beer (Brand loyalty in some instances) and this usually causes clashes if a variety of foods are on the table.

Beer with food is similar to Wine with food. The type chosen should be complimentary of what is being eaten for the maximum enjoyment.

As shown through these posts, Beers and ales are varied. Mild, light, pale, mid range, strong, dark, stout, sweet, bitter etc. The key to enjoying a beer with all types of foods is the pairing.

If anyone wants to know what to pair with what, there are many guides to be found on the Internet by typing in "pairing beer with food" into Google or something similar.

These are guides and are no substitute for personal taste. So like a good recipe, these suggestions should inspire you or at least give you pointers in how to better enjoy drinking beer with your food.

So if you are inclined to drink beer with food, next time you visit the beer store, buy a variety pack of beer, or some six packs with variety instead of the old Two Four (the case) for $24 cattle drive you hear on the radio.

Cheers

Frank75

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks for reminding me about beer Frank75.

I think I'll go get me one or three.

Had a long day at work.

Yes, I actually do work from time to time.

• Frank75
    Frank75

I was into the Porter today again.

First I had a Sushi lunch. Now normally I would have Sushi with Japanese beer like Kirin, Asahi or Sopporo. Excellent match! However today I had green tea.

After that I retired with a friend to enjoy a Macanudo Robust (mild, cinnamon, caramel, mocha) and a Fullers London Porter. I'm telling you that is a match made in heaven for sure!

My two guests were surprised as well. That Porter that Bumble Bee is also drinking tonite with a fine unaltered Prime Rib Steak on the BBQ is one finger licking good Stout brother!

Her man is going to get some spanky for sure!!! Lucky bastard!

Later after dinner, I corked a St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout.

That stuff is worth the search too! I had lots coming to the fore, like Licorice, espresso, malted chocolate and even some cherry flavor!

Feeling like a Maudite now!

Frank75

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

When I would *gag* have a beer, it was always Rolling Rock. I prefer vodka or wine.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Delirium Tremens is brewed by Brewery Huyghe. Below you can find the address, telephonenumber and a photo of the brewery.

visitekaartje

brouwerij

Had this tonight.....excellent!

Hi my name is kerj and I'm an alcoholic!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Feeling like a Maudite now!

Enjoy it bro!

Sounds like you had a lovely day.

Happy for ya!

I'm drinking Saranac Pomegranate Wheat. Soon I'll be lighting up a Mac Robusto or an Ashton Maduro.

I'll make it work.

Hey kerj! Do you realize that many beer experts consider Delirium to be the finest beer in the world? Glad you enjoyed it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit