Death, is death our only destiny?

by Blueblades 45 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Anecdotal evidence points to some sprititual afterlife or rebirth. I believe even early man had out-of-body near death experiences. Like I said, it's all anecdotal.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Perhaps both birth and death appear within the foundational reality: Life.

Am "I" the isolated creature defined within religious and scientific books? Have we taken the first step first, and thoroughly investigated into what we really are when void of all we believe and intellectualize our"selves" to be?

What are we, really, at our foundation?

j

• Carmel
    Carmel

kidA,

• Carmel
    Carmel

kidA,

• Carmel
    Carmel

Now let met try again...!

Kid A, I think you are projecting in that "if you" believed in an afterlife it would be out of YOUR fear of death. I consider myself religious and don't fear death. Don't like pain and suffering but death holds no fear over me. Didn't as a dubbie, an agnostic or as a believer.

carmel

• choosing life
    choosing life

If there is life after the death of the physical body, it would have to be in a spiritual dimension. It is true that what we perceive now is through our senses and interpreted in our brain. But that does not exclude the possibility that we are presently limited in our perceptions and understanding.

Spiritual life or life in a different dimension would not be dependent upon neurons in a physical brain. It is through our senses that we come to percieve the world around us and our relationship to this world. If none of your senses functioned, what would you know about this physical world that we live in? Nothing. However, the physical world would very much still exist.

So, it really is all about perception. One cannot exclude the possibility of life after death. Even in this world there exist frequencies that we cannot hear and we see only a limited spectrum of light. The possibilities for growth are limitless and we view the universe from such a tiny perspective. Physical bodies die, but is that all we are?

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

Is death our only destiny? For the flesh as we currently have, not necessarily. For the spirit, certainly not. For some, the flesh will die and return to the dust. For others, they will be instantly changed from flesh to spirit at some point. The spirit itself does not die, but must be destroyed ("Do not fear him that can kill the body, but be in fear of Him that can destroy the body AND the spirit in Gehenna). That is why the angels that sinned still exist; they have not yet been destroyed. While the flesh can be killed by a number of things, the spirit MUST and can only BE destroyed... by fire. Hence, Sodom and Gomorrah. Water, however, confines spirits, hence, the Deluge of Noah's day and the casting of Legion into the swine (that then went into the water). "The sea gave up those dead in it".

We are so much more than our flesh, however, SO much more. Indeed, if your legs were amputated, you would still be "Blueblades." If your heart were removed and transplanted with another's, you would still be "Blueblades." That's because your flesh is merely a temporary vessel, a "cup" in which the TRUE you, the ESSENCE of you, Blueblades, exists for now. Temporarily. And you can do all kinds of things to it, your flesh, and yet still be you.

If, however, your SPIRIT were to be destroyed, you very essence would cease to exist in all the universe. It could not be transferred (i.e., "breathed" into) or given another vessel, whether physical or spiritual (where there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body). Because the very life force that is you, Blueblades, would no longer exist.

THAT is the life that the Adversary seeks to "destroy" - not your flesh, but your SPIRIT, which has the potential to live forever (by eating from the Tree of Life that is Christ). Thus, it was not the flesh that the Adversary was trying to get Adam and Eve to forsake, but the SPIRIT. For the flesh is of no use at all and the Adversary well knew this. He also knew, however, that if he could get Adam and Eve to eat from Tree of the Knowledge of Good (Life)... AND Bad (Death)... then that is what they would actually come to "know" - bad. Death. For their flesh initially (but temporarily, for there will be a resurrection, of the righteous AND the unrighteous)... and their SPIRITS eternally.

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH of Armies, and the peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, be upon you if you so wish it.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I saw a movie called Eve's Bayou. A character said, "There has to be something after this life or God is playing a cruel joke on us".

I hope their is something else. I think there is an afterlife, but not sure. Maybe heaven? Christ died for us all. A God of love would allow us to see our loved ones again,.....right?

I feel there is some other form of existence after this life, not sure how? or what?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Our whole lives we seek to be comforted. From birth to teenage years, our comfort is in the form of our parents. From young adulthood to old age we seek a spouse to be our source of comfort. And then in old age, prior to death, we seek comfort that somehow our existense is taken care of in the spirit world.

I always like to think there are possibilities.

• needproof
    needproof

Nice to see that Kid-A appears to have all the answers that mankind has been searching for the past thousands of years. What a wise man he is, call up the pope and the Iman, tell them to tell the people - FINALLY the secrets of all ages have been disclosed here, today, on this message board by someone who cuts and pastes from wikipedia, and is about to come again to tell me how unwise I am for not believing this great gospel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit