Death, is death our only destiny?

by Blueblades 45 Replies latest jw friends

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

Death is an act of mercy by God. If it were up to us, we would live on the Earth forever... and eternally disconnected from our Maker. As times goes on, year in, year out, generation-by-generation, we are indeed becoming increasing lost.

Death is actually the PLAN for humans. Death brings us back to our true place. When Jesus said don't store up treasures on Earth, but in Heaven, why do you think this was so? Well, pardon the obvious, but it's because the Earth just isn’t that important in the grand scheme of things. Earth, a mere speck in a Galaxy which in turn is a mere mote in the Universe… and humans self importance – bigger than the lot of it… and then some!

Jehovah’s' Witnesses spend all their time planning to do something Jesus himself never attempted, nor aspired too. Live forever on the Earth. "Fools!" I say.

Your average Jehovah's Witness would have better chances performing faith-based miracles curing the sick and injured (something Jesus said not to marvel at), than to live forever.

Wake up peoples - dying is actually part of the plan!

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

To me, the more curious thought is WHY are so many souls coming to the Earth in inhabit bodies. Why do they continually reincarnate/resurrect if you will?

From one perspective it seems Jesus failed. The mission was to bring people back to God, and yet increasing numbers flock to the Earth like it's a life preserver. Good heavens what is going on in the spiritual realm that so many souls should want to live here!? Is the afterlife such a sorry place to be and the Earth so tempting as place to be (as Genesis indicated)?

I would like to be privy to the discussions/thoughts or those planning the next rescue effort. The rescue to make mankind realize there is so much more to the Universe. A rescue attempt that does not attempt to change our free will, but rather help us use our free will to the betterment of ourselves and neighbour.

I honestly think Jesus the man and Christ the soul underestimated his fellow soul, or at least underestimated the lure this earthly existence has on us.

• DHL
    DHL

I don't consider DEATH my destiny but LIFE! We need to be born to be able to die.

We all will die some day, that's for sure. So why wasting our time with worries about something we cannot change anyway? We're better off using our energy to live LIFE to the fullest.

And whatever - if anything - comes after death is none of our business as long as we're not there.

Debbie

• Satanus
    Satanus

I see this time on planet earth as a temporary stage in a great growth, and ultimately, a return to where i came from. It's sort of like a campng trip, roughing it in the boonies for a few days. It's an exercise in gaining experinces.. It could be a fantasy, i suppose. Sometimes, i look forward to death. Other times, i think of the things that i missed doing, or could do yet, and i don't wanna go.

S

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Death is the price we pay for life. No excuses, no exceptions, every life ends in a death. All we can do is try to get our money's worth.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Need-Brain writes:

FINALLY the secrets of all ages have been disclosed here, today, on this message board by someone who cuts and pastes from wikipedia, and is about to come again to tell me how unwise I am for not believing this great gospel

Ooooh! Such eviscerating wit! Lord save me from your cutting words, sharper than dull safety scissors! I wonder, need-brain, can you actually prove that anything written in my previous post on this thread is from Wikpedia or are you, as per usual, speaking out of your ass? I have no doubt you find it difficult to deal with a person that actually comprehends biology given your academic credentials from the "Awake" University as your pitiful insecurities emerge in all their glow as you attempt to impress with your talentless ad hominem attacks. I wonder, do you have any substantive inputs to add to the thread, or should you return to the sandbox to continue your little tantrum?

Now, given your accusation, please post your PROOF, with LINKS, to the precise web-site you claim I have taken the words from my previous post on this thread from, or simply prove to everyone on this board that you are a pathetic liar.

• DHL
    DHL
    All we can do is try to get our money's worth.

• unique1
    unique1

Question Blueblades, you nearing 30? Everyone keeps telling me that is why I am having the same thoughts as you.

• bebu
    bebu

Great comments, choosing!

So, it really is all about perception. One cannot exclude the possibility of life after death. Even in this world there exist frequencies that we cannot hear and we see only a limited spectrum of light. The possibilities for growth are limitless and we view the universe from such a tiny perspective. Physical bodies die, but is that all we are?

The physical world and our own physical bodies create an incredible realm where good and evil can be understood and chosen/rejected. I can't think of any other kind of universe that allows this realm, where we can think and act so freely. The physical world is like the setting, and the spiritual dimension is like the diamond.

bebu

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Blueblades,

Death, is death our only destiny?

It is the only destiny that we can be sure of and as such is one of the ultimate realities.

Fleeing from the concept of death by hoping for a hereafter is understandable and imho does no harm. It is like a drug that softens the reality that the journey from the womb to the tomb is rapid, and more often that not unsatisfactory.

At my age I see the diggers leaning on their spades and this can either fill one with desperation, or motivate to enjoy with a sense of vigor what few months one has left. My parents both died young ( almost at the age I am now ) and if I live for another 120 months as healthy as I am now I will be quite happy to fade into the stream of time with a belch of contempt for the rude jokes that life played on me.

Within a few months I will be forgotten, within a few years if I am buried, I will be the pigeon dropping the size of Manhattan on your car, compliments of the dysentry caused by the pigeon, who ate the worm, who ate me.

HS

PS - Sorry about the formatting. The site seems to working through thick soup the past few days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit