JWs and the weird way they say Happy Birthday

by reneeisorym 40 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

You who don't know -- I'm DAed but my mother still sends me very short e-mail about every two months.

This morning she sent me an email that said:

25 Today

It would be SOOOOo wrong for someone to say -- "Happy Birthday" .. But its fine to mention that I am 25 today. What exactly is the difference? LOL I'm so glad I'm out of there so I can quit acting like an idiot myself.

Renee

• Zico
    Zico

Happy Birthday Renee! Jehovah's Witnesses definitely have some weird phrases.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Happy Birthday to you!!!

At least your mom remembered and acknowledged your birthday. That's not bad for a JW mom.

• Hannah
    Hannah

Yeah, I know. My dad did the exact same thing.

Anyway, here's to you on your special day....

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Hope you have a terrific day celebrating.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Ya'll are so sweet! Thank you!!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Renee!

So they're not invited for the Moon Jump and pony rides when I turn 40 ;-)

~Sue

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Well a great big Happy Birthday wish for you Renee!

FWIW when I was a Dub I used to give my kids a big Birthday hug and *pinch* and let them have whatever they wanted for dinner that night. I missed out on Birthday's as a kid and wanted to do something to let my kids know they [are] were special to me. As a kid the only thing I had to look forward to on my Birthday was a card with a one dollar bill in it from my Grandmother. Don't laugh $1.00 went a long way way back then!

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Happy birthday, Renee!

The world is better because you're in it. (And frankly, I think that's the message the JWs are trying to avoid sending to folks, so they ignore birthdays.)

Jankyn

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    So they're not invited for the Moon Jump and pony rides when I turn 40 ;-)

You would have loved my first birthday party last year. I had a Cenderella cake, balloons, bubbles, plates, napkins .. you name it .. all in a bar! .. we got toasted and had a ball!

This year its the Sunday school group having a dinner at my favorite sushi restaurant. My how things change.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

YES, I would have loved it!

I've got about a year to pick out a big, pink, frilly, girly-girl B-Day dress. Maybe hire a magician, too.

~Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit