i can not get a grip on the whole "no longer a JW" annoucements...

by ?me? 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ?me?
    ?me?

the whole thing seems wrong. ok not withstanding a long heated disfellowshipping thread, HOW CAN THEY SAY YOU ARE NO LONGER A JW?

jehovah always sees you as a witness of his, maybe a bad witness, or a sinful one, but one nonetheless.

was david not a servant of jehovahs when he made mistakes, or peter when he coward? sure they were, and jehovah sees them as imperfect people TRYING to serve him.the wts tries to equate being a member of the wts to being a servant of jehovah (a jw) but what they are really saying is "we don't want so and so to be a member of OUR ORGANIZATION".

i do not see how any person on earth can tell someone who made a mistake that they are not what the bible describes as a "witness of jehovah" or a servant of jehovah.

and if you are not a jw, why can't jws talk to you just like your neighbor who is "not a jw"?

sorry, some latenight rambling

me

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I think the society wants to scare the sh_t out of us, when they announce that someone is no longer JW, then they might not have the chance to get reinstated before the Big A comes.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

It comes down to mind games. The society knows a simple announcement has no impact on your standing with God/Jehovah/Jesus. But they need to scare the rank and file (r&f). If they don't make it sound as controversial as possible (and at the same time avoid a slander suit!) then the r&f will see no harm in associating with those who are no longer Jehovah's Witnesses. Imagine if we were allowed to freely liaise with JWs and what we could enlighten them to. Their numbers would drastically fall.

• heathen
    heathen

I think what it comes down to is that you are no longer a book salesmen for a book publishing corporation . If you so chose to remain a christian then there's nothing anybody can do about it .

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

You are right to be confused. It is as stupid as it sounds.

Because so many leave because of problems with core JW doctrines, they don't really want the members to know how many are 'disassociating'. So they have a system in place that poisons the mind of the entire congregation against individuals who leave, and at the same time scares them into not doing any 'controversial' research for themselves.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

So you still think there is a Jehober?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I think watchtower has winnowed that announcement down to what it is, due to being liable for possible slander and deformation of character. God has nothing to do with it.

Dismembered

• unique1
    unique1

All of your points are valid. JW's though, think they are the ONLY true witnesses for Jah and so if you are not one of them, you can't possibly be a witness for Jehovah. It is faulty logic, but then again so is most of their other stuff.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I think what it comes down to is that you are no longer a book salesmen for a book publishing corporation . If you so chose to remain a christian then there's nothing anybody can do about it

This pretty well sums it up!!!

From what I gather I guess they have done away with the "conduct no longer befitting a Christian" garbage they used to tack on to the announcements made during the meeting....and just say "sos and so no longer IS a JW"...

which was FINE WITH ME because I didn't WANT to "be associated with" this hideous religion for one more moment! I didnt WANT to be known as "one of Jehovah's Witnesses" when I finally woke up and realized what hypocrites the leaders were and how badly I had been duped into changing my entire LIFE around for THEM...

I wasn't doing what "Jehovah required" but what the Watchtower Society required for thirty years. Enough is enough. I couldn't wait to be free of their control....and that hamster-wheel existence I had allowed myself to get trapped in. MY shame was not in leaving.....it was being so blind, gullible and trusting THEM for decades!

Personally...I am PROUD to be an "EXJW" and wear a good-sized bright yellow button everywhere I go in public....to announce the fact!

The true freedom in JESUS CHRIST that the WTS never tells you about...is ever so much better! + <>< +

hugs,

Annie

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Because so many leave because of problems with core JW doctrines, they don't really want the members to know how many are 'disassociating'. So they have a system in place that poisons the mind of the entire congregation against individuals who leave, and at the same time scares them into not doing any 'controversial' research for themselves.

Exactly! Instead of allowing their members to entertain the possibility that there may be conscientious reasons for leaving the JWs, they are now free to assume that everyone who leaves is a drunkard, fornicator, drug user or whatever. The secondary benefit is that it feeds their insatiable craving to have a reason to look down on everyone in an effort to make themselves feel superior.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit