i can not get a grip on the whole "no longer a JW" annoucements...

by ?me? 32 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

They like to believe they have a patent on the words. So - if one is a Jehovahs Witness - well, they belong to the 'special club'. A witness for Jehovah has nothing to do with being one of Jehovahs Witnesses in their minds, hence the fear, guilt, shame, loathing etc they use in making the announcement for the benefit of the remaining members. In reality we should relabel the announcement as - xxxx has been found guilty of crimes against the Watchtower and has been cast out of our midst. There will be no further association with the guilty one. If you need more direction on this, please see us after the meeting'.................sammieswife.

• willyloman
    willyloman

I understand your frustration, but remember: These are people who would stone you to death if they could get away with it, for nothing more than having the audacity to question their rules. In modern society, this announcement is as close as they can get to killing you.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The servant stands or falls before his master ie as his master decides and it is not up to the dubs to make judgements, also the master is not jehovah as they claim but the Christ. The NT culture is not harsh like the OT one so the GB will naturally prefer the latter, it suits their tight control, intimidating purposes better.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I'm not going to meetings but if I were....what if I saw a person at the meeting who was "no longer a JW" and I decided to speak to them.

If the elders counselled me not to speak to them, I could say, "Why? You never announced that she/he is disfellowshipped...you said he/she is 'no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses.' I speak to people who are not Jehovah's Witnesses every day."

What would be their response?

• jgnat
    jgnat

When my JW husband had his first big run-in with the elders a few years ago, his study leader said, "Maybe the elders will never allow you in to field service, but Jehovah will." Hubby has taken these words to heart, as he continues to strive for the unattainable prize --- Is a Witness really a Witness if they aren't allowed to Witness? What does that make him? An onlooker?

I've asked hubby what in the world his study leader might have meant. If the elders are running the show as to who he can witness to, how in the heck can Jehovah overrule that?

...at least in the society.

I keep TELLING my hubby...TOMORROW...you could be a Biker for Jesus and share your faith with the mournful prisoners down the highway some.

nah

It doesn't come with the magazines. The witness shuffle. The stop for doughnuts. The boy's club.

• bebu
    bebu

I loved what heathen wrote. Spot on!

Perhaps you might consider a slight change in perspective about being a witness for Jehovah...

Acts 1:8 "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

The new covenant has a detail the WTS utterly ignores. The early Christians were called followers of Christ, the image of the invisible God (see Ephesians). The WTS teaches its followers to force the new wine only into old wineskins (OT laws, not grace). That structure can't hold the new; the new is stronger.

bebu

• inbyathread
    inbyathread
    If the elders counselled me not to speak to them, I could say, "Why? You never announced that she/he is disfellowshipped...you said he/she is 'no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses.' I speak to people who are not Jehovah's Witnesses every day."

Well Bonnie_Clyde - Then the elders would bring out that little green book entitled "Organzied to Do Jehovah's the Watchtowers Will" which states on page 154

"When it is necessary to disfellowship an unrepentant wrongdoer from the congregation, a brief announcment is made simply stating: "[Name of person] is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." There is no need to elaborate. This will alert faithful members of the congregation to stop associating with that person (1 Cor. 5:11)..."

I am sure you noticed that "alert faithful members" part. Are you faithful? Of course you are that is why you would stop associating otherwise you would be next to have your head chopped off as being "Unfaithful"

If you can stomach it, there is more on page 155.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    Then the elders would bring out that little green book entitled "Organzied to Do Jehovah's the Watchtowers Will" which states on page 154

"When it is necessary to disfellowship an unrepentant wrongdoer from the congregation, a brief announcment is made simply stating: "[Name of person] is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." There is no need to elaborate. This will alert faithful members of the congregation to stop associating with that person (1 Cor. 5:11)..."

OK - I get it! Why can't they say what they mean, or mean what they say?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I thought the bible said to quit mixing company with a "brother" who does certain things. If someone is not a JW, then how can they use the bible to justify shunning?

• NestleBoy
    NestleBoy

Elsewhere,
    I think the way they look at it -- once you were a brother (baptized), always a brother (baptized), even if someone was disfellowshiped/ disassociated . I know it doesn't make sense. They just want JW's to shun those were baptized before... not worldly people.

NestleBoy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit