Tomorrows World - Sister Religion to Jehovahs Witnesses?

by lostlantern 31 Replies latest social current

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I noticed that they practice tithing, so I'm going to assume that they are an incarnation of Herbert W. Armstrong-ism (Worldwide Pants Church of God).

I'll bet the free litter-ature is worth evr'y penny.

"Goodbye fryin' pan, Hello fire!"

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yeah my cultdar tells me this is a cult that sprang from Herbert Armsrong(WT Copycat).

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Junction-Guy,

cultdar?

LOL! Is that the apostate version of "perceptive power?"

~Sue

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Oh prophecor:

we have to get our Bible based teaching and guidelines from somewhere

How about the bible?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yes BetterDaze, I have both Dubdar and Cultdar, and they're both highly tuned, i can sniff them out.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

There is a scathing letter Armstrong wrote to Roderick Meredith March 14, 1980 at www.servantsnews.com/docs/merlet02.htm

I read the first sections of Meredith's booklet on tithing and that's enough for me. Just another money grabbing cult.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Oh prophecor:

we have to get our Bible based teaching and guidelines from somewhere

How about the bible?

Romans 10:13-16

"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." [f]

14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

My only statement regarding having to get info from some source requires an active participation. Those doing the preaching, and those be preached to, as stated above in scripture.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

if its one of the splinters from Armstrongian WCG, then due to a common (generally speaking) adventist theology there will be some similarities between this group and JWs....

• Mile 0
    Mile 0

"I've got four-door sedan"

"Me too!"

"I go to 5 meetings a week"

"I go to 6"

Mile 0

• Leolaia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit