Tomorrows World - Sister Religion to Jehovahs Witnesses?

by lostlantern 31 Replies latest social current

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

AHHH....religious groups that brainwash people into believing the World is horrible. The only "good news" in their minds, is that it will be destroyed. If you create enough chaos and exagerrate the existing problems in someone's life, whether as an individual [ abusive spouse, ect] or as a Religion or Government, the individual may beg you to take control of their life so the feel secure. The facade of peace in exchange for freedom, isn't that the goal of the NEW WORLD??

ps. The copy-cat tracts were disgusting and creepy. [shudder...]

DD

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There wasn't an Internet in my parents day. He would hear about splinter groups from friends at Bethel. How hard is it to just copy the WT stuff? You can receive the pledges rather than the GB. We would be dragged all over convention grounds to find out more information. It was always someone talking about Revelation stuff.

I can't stand reading Armstrong or Adventist literature. I feel it is crucial to see how the WT is linked in time, both before and after Russell, to see it is not holy. Also, I am playing catch up with doctrines that the rest of Christianity cherishes. There are those splinter Bible Student groups. Of course, from their perspective, the WT is a splinter.

When I come to JWN, I see ads for Armstrong's factions. I much prefer to look at ads for consumer goods.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit