Tomorrows World - Sister Religion to Jehovahs Witnesses?

by lostlantern 31 Replies latest social current

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

Has anyone seen this? http://www.tomorrowsworld.org/welcome.shtml

My husband and I watched a sermon today and it was eerily familiar, very weird. Go to this website and look at their magazines, twins I swear! Anyway I thought it was interesting and so tried to find some background history on them. I can't find anything, has anyone ever heard of this group? Their magazine even has its own version of the young people ask article, scary.

Anyway just wondered

well, you get the point.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Weird. I was looking at one article and they sure liked to highlight "truth" a lot.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello lostlantern,

Yeah, that's eerily familiar. I wonder what the real story behind it is?

Look's like they're based in North Carolina.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Weird. Well i saw that in the booklets section they'd been written by a Robert C Meredith so i googled his name and it brought a lot of stuff up. I looked at wikipedia link and it says hes an ordained evangelist from the living church of God and it mentions tomorrows world as well, so i think its all connected to LCG.

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

Perhaps I am paranoid but my mind automatically thinks that something is fishy. They have even posted art of the wild beast which looks like depictions we are already familiar with in the Revelation book, also one article devoted a whole section to bashing the Catholic faith.

And I thought the JW's were the only true religion, can you imagine both of these faiths meeting at the door:

"No we are the truth!'

"No we are, we had it first!"

We had the Watchtower first"

" So ours is better"

I imagine it would be very entertaining.

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

very interesting.

• loosie
    loosie

Run away!! Run away!!!

• Vinny
    Vinny

"Run away!! Run away!!!"

: )

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Run away!! Run away!!!

Run away? From truth? Nah... never. I ordered their little free stuffs. Seriously.

• prophecor
    prophecor

It actually sounded very encouraging to me. I ordered the free literature. The article " Why do you attend YOUR Church" was very well thought out. It even highlights some my own views regarding the churches of the day, being many, nothing more than social clubs. I'm willing to not look a gift horse in the mouth, I also will take all that they diseminate with a grain of salt, who knows, though, we have to get our Bible based teaching and guidelines from somewhere. They did encourage a looking through thier info with a fine tooth comb, and at the very least, you know who each personal author of the information is as opposed to an anonymous spouting of info like the Watchtower. Only time can tell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit