Tomorrows World - Sister Religion to Jehovahs Witnesses?

by lostlantern 31 Replies latest social current

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Got my watchtower and awake tomorrow's world lit in the mail the other day. And it is very reminiscent of reading the W and A.

Scary little religion really. I saw a lot of similarities between this religion and the jw's.

• anewme
    anewme

I worship trees and ferns now and only occasionally refer to the Bible, so this new wacktower twin will not affect me.

Anewme

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I think they are a spring-off of the WWCoG also. There is a whole bunch of 'em. The United Church of God is one that I know something about. When I first got their magazine in the mail I said the same thing. Just like the Jw's teachings. They have a slick magazine too.

Good News Magazine

And about 100 brochures that look like Jw clones;

What Happens After Death?Why Does God Allow Suffering?Are We Living in the Time of the End?Marriage & Family: The Missing DimensionHolidays or Holy Days: Does It Matter Which Days We Keep?The Road to Eternal LifeThe Book of Revelation Unveiled

Be careful - these folks operate just the same way I fear as Jw's. In fact, if I didn't know better I would think that the writers conference. I have read some articles on death and paradise and apocylypse that could have been in the Watchtower.

http://www.gnmagazine.org/litreq/index.htm [to credit the pics]

Jeff

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

These nutters broadcast their tripe on Prime TV at 8:00 am on Sunday morning in NZ.

They are hilarious and I often laugh out load watching them.

Unfortunately I know their twin organisation, and it wrecks lives, so that brings me back to earth.

• Navigator
    Navigator

My Dad used to get the magazine published by Herbert W. Armstrong's estranged son called "The World Tomorrow". Can't remember his first name. They ran their own college called Ambassador College. Sounds like the same bunch. The son was fairly rational. My Dad regarded Herbert W. Armstrong as a "kook". The World Wide Church of God was a big deal in California in the 1950s. There was a big fight over money when the old man's health began to fail.

• Borgia
    Borgia

I second that this is an WWCoG offspring. In one of his epistles Meredith writes about the youth of Herbert W.Armstrong. See: http://www.tomorrowsworld.org/cgi-bin/tw/tw-mag.cgi?category=Magazine47&item=1174006812.

And they hold firmly to upholding the 10 commmandments. Only then can you be saved and survive the big A.

Yes, many comparissons and it would not surprise me at all if there is some kind of reciprocal influence.

Cheers

Borgia

• Borgia
    Borgia

Here's a little gem from their issue about marriage page 6

Men need to realize this. They must set a dynamic example of dedication to their Creator, study of His word, prayer to God at mealtimes—and family prayer as 7 Build a God-Centered Marriage well as private prayer on one’s knees in the bedroom, closet or other private place. In the closet on one's knees in prayer. I could not help picturing a water closet, on one's knees (mandatory) while having a dump..........

Micro-management just the same.

Cheers

Borgia

• Honesty
    Honesty

My cultist parents used to drag me and my 7 siblings to jekyll Island, Georgia once a year just so we could see and hear Rod Meredith, H.W. Armstrong, Garner Ted Armstrong and the rest of the WWCofG leaders.

JW's and the WWCofG are both splinter groups from the Adventist movement.

That's why Junction_Guy's cultdar was spinning out of control when he clicked on this thread.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I turned the TV on this morning without checking the TV Guide.

A Tomorrow's World snake was blathering on and on about the beast of Revelation.

Since leaving the Jehovah's Witness cult I always google any religious broadcast that pops up on the TV screen.

It took less than 30 seconds to see JWN and www.Tomoorowsworld.org at the top of the rankings.

I looked at www.Tomorrowsworld.org first and the slide show told me all I needed to know about this group.

1. "Easter or Passover: Which is for Christians? Does it matter which festivals you observe? The answer may surprise you!" Passover Good, Easter Bad Easy to figure out this group is into Judaism and hates Jesus.

2. "Who Has The Truth?" A DEAD GIVEAWAY...It's a CULT

3. "What is ahead for Humanity?" What is the hope for humanity? What is the Good News that Jesus taught?

Reminded me of an Awake! magazine. 100% Cultshit wrapped in fluff to confuse the masses.

4. God's master Plan by Roderick C. Meredith Rod Meredith has been a false prophet since the mid 1950's.

I quickly switched to a real Christianj broadcast where the topic was about Jesus saving mankind from their sins.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

This United Church of God is just a copycat of WT!

The headlines, speech, even the doctrines like Anglo-saxon "rulership"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit