Did you stop singing the songs BEFORE you stopped going to meetings?

by zack 37 Replies latest jw friends

• zack
    zack

After I found out the truth abouth the troof, I could not--- I MEAN PHYSICALLY COULD NOT---- sing a note of a JW song at a meeting.

This was way before I decided to make a plan and a final break. This happen to anyone?

• Spectre
    Spectre

I could never stand to sing those songs anyways.

You know what this thread means though, right? Soon there will be an official anouncement that anyone not singing is to be shunned!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

No one can sing those songs. They are bizzare!

• Cellist
    Cellist

I don't know if what I did would be considered singing, but yes. Some songs especially I choked on. I made sure that our song books went in the trash because I never wanted to hear them again. I knew my husband would haul them out and torture me with them. So, what happens? He finds one in his Grandma's old house. arggghhhhh He thinks this is funny. lol

Cellist

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JaguarBass.."No one can sing those songs.They are bizzare!"..LOL!!..No truer words were ever spoken....Who wrote that crap?..A dozen monkeys in a room with a piano and 6 metal garbage can lids?..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

Hi Zack. I find I can sing most of the songs when I go (2x/mo maybe) but cannot sing anything glorifying the faithful slave/steward or other doctrine I don't believe is Scripturally supported.

Actually, for me, it is the prayers. I cannot remember the last time I could conscientiously say AMEN to a prayer said at a JW meeting. After all Amen signifies our agreement with the sentiments of the prayer and invariably the brother makes some ref to the faithful slave or org.

Skeptic1914

• alotlikemay
    alotlikemay

I found anything uniquely associated with Watchtower procedure stuck in my throat

but I used to play in convention orchestras (in the days when there were such things) and I have to say I quite liked some of the songs... some were trash, some were plain schmaltz, but some struck a chord with me (I didn't intend that pun) either because of the words or the one or two that were patently derivative, recognisable from classical pieces. But it's been 16 years since I heard that stuff, maybe this is a little nostalgia speaking here.

• Hannah
    Hannah

I sure did and it didn't bother me a bit, but it embarrassed the hell out of my husband who was overly zealous at the time.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I actually lip-synch them sometimes. Other times I just keep my head in the song book. You're right, I never noticed some of the words before but its all part of the brain washing and I just can't do it anymore.

• garybuss
    garybuss

My first big deal was to quit turning in time for service. I still did token service, but I quit turning in time. Some bozo called and asked me if I had any time to report and I said no. He knew he had seen me at field service round up and he asked me if I'd been in service and I said yes.

He said okay and that was that. I think that went on about three months and he quit calling.

Not turning in time made it pretty easy to quit service. After being harassed at the Kingdom Hall and then after what happened to my son at the district assembly, I was done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit