"I can't find my car..."

by teejay 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Wow,
    “Here I am fretting over business matters and other seemingly urgent issues and I read this. DROP EVERYTHING AND GO HUG YOUR KIDS! That’s what I’m going to do right now.”

That’s what I wrote this afternoon but didn’t send it. Instead I went down stairs and talked with my daughter and then I loaded up my sons dirt bike and took him out with some friends to ride.

Thanks for jolting some of us back to the more important things, Teejay.

Jst2laws

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I hope nobody minds me bringing this back to the top. I've been dealing quite a bit with some pretty profound grief over the "loss" of my parents lately. The idea of them NOT being at my wedding this fall hurts me more deeply than I thought it would. This post really touched me *gulp* and thought it deserved to get bumped.

Andi

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I admit Im a rather passionate person about subjects that are dear to me.

Religion is important to me whether I want it to be or not because of the profound effect this cult has had on my life.

Family is dear to me because of the way I was raised, and even moreso now because the JW-religion has caused me to lose all the family I ever had.

That said, oftentimes I get irritated with people who are JW's who post such ridiculous notions on this website and expose their own hypocrisy or deception. (i.e. YouKnow, TheMatrix and all his other personas, NYT, etc)

On the other side of the spectrum, it is not often I find something on this discussion board that makes me get a knot in my throat. Reading that post did.

Not counting the email from her being amazingly beautiful and poetic, the words you used to describe it in detail are what really did it for me. I was able to apply those words to myself, and then was when it touched me.

One of the things she (he) said was that neither parent said one word, not one syllable, about "coming back to Jehovah" or any of that bullshit. She (He) was just their daughter (SON)... they loved her (him) as much as ever... and she (he) was welcome to come home.
    Oh what I would give for that. Brought tears to my eyes.

Then you said:

Beyond the religious aspect, lots of us would like to be able to do what she did, to recapture distant and fading memories from our childhood.
    Amen brother.

This website needs more posts like this, to stir positive emotions and make people think about what is really important in life.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((((((((((((Andi)))))))))))))))))))))))

sorry to hear you are dealing with "losing" your parents. Pretend in your mind that they are there for you, but they are just lost on an island .

Hugs,
    j2bf

• bonovox
    bonovox

Damn I wish my mom would look at me like that. I really just want a hug and her favorite expression 'how's my number 1 son' (its family humor, Im the only son).

Thanks for sharing that with us. I hear about stuff like that alot from friends who are out but their parents are still in and I wonder what I did to deserve such an unloving parent.

Im almost convinced that it has little to do with religion anymore, she just has no idea what love is. Her whole family is like that, even the ones who were never JWs. Their shunning is just a different flavor, they'll ignore their kids if they drop out of college or smoke weed or whatever. I wonder if it's genetic.

Sorry, Im getting off the positive tone of this thread, guess this is one of my hurting points.

I feel numb.

• zanex
    zanex

(sob) fuck...its a GOOD post it just brings up so much stuff that I havent dealt with...

"pop another pill, it will all become clearer...TRUST ME"

-Z-

• LDH
    LDH

Billygoat, THX for bringing this up...I missed it the first time around, right after I had the baby. I needed to read it....

I had a phone conversation with Hillary_Step last night, and told him of some very recent agonizing conversations with my parents.....who have re-opened wounds that I was hoping were fully healed. After the conversations were all over, I was left feeling that I would never talk to them or see them again. It was so depressing and vexing to me I ended up in bed (literally) for two days with a migraine....which I haven't had in YEARS!!!!

Time keeps moving on... I'm watching the people who raised me grow old. The WBTS promised me they would never grow old. This is what I believed with all my heart until a few years ago. I had never prepared myself emotionally to watch my parents grow old, and get the aches and pains, and have limitations. In my mind they are still in their 40s, like I remember them best.

It is obvious my parents choose their religion over their children. DEATH to the men who have convinced them this is the way God would have it.I wish I knew a publicly traded company that manufactured millstones, I swear I'd invest every penny in their stocks because the time is coming when there is an accounting to be made.

Hillary reminded me, my only real option is to offer them unconditional love, although they don't have it for me or my siblings. So I will continue to love them, despite their pure rejection of me (based only on the fact that I disrespect their religious beliefs...) SIGH......

I wish you all the best in continuing to deal with your families, this crazy religion, and interpersonal relationships.

Love,
    Lisa

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Billy,

I didn't know this was such a hard time for you. To bring this tearful thread up indicates you have some intense feelings.

Get your pictures out and be already to share with us when we see you in August. We will talk about your parents if you want. Maybe we can help you 'find your car'.

J2L

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Andi -

I know what you are feeling. My entire family opted out of my wedding because my fiance wasn't a JW. We even jumped through hoops to make the wedding "J-dub" friendly so they could attend. Most of my wedding party was family, and they waited until right before the wedding to back out (literally a week before).

Anyway, I really do understand (((((((((Andi)))))))))))

closer

Solid stone is just sand and water, baby
    Sand and water, and a million years gone by - beth nielsen chapman

• teejay
    teejay

(((((( Andi )))))

[Please note: I don’t normally do the ‘hug’ thang, but in this case I’ll make an exception.]

Maybe your folks will come around by then. Maybe?

---------------

>> Family is dear to me because of the way I was raised, and even more so now because the JW-religion has caused me to lose all the family I ever had.

Well said, Reborn2002.

Because of the email that inspired this thread, I’ve come up with a personal motto that I will live by for the rest of my life (and pass on to my Little One): nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is more important than family. Not country, not god, not religion. Family is “it”.

>> On the other side of the spectrum, it is not often I find something ... that makes me get a knot in my throat. Reading that post did.

Believe me... I can relate. Every time I think of her email (and the phone call that followed) I get teary. I go, “Damn” and end up shaking my head. Her folks gave her a priceless gift, no doubt. What they did (one and all) simply said, “We love you, Honey. We REALLY love you, just like you are.” How often in life do any of us hear THAT!!???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit