Why are angels always white?

by slimboyfat 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I have changed my colouring so you can see me better - does that help dear?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello slimbf,

I understood your question as you meant it to be understood.

I know why angels are presented Caucasian historically

I was not even thinking of the historical context. The fact is that many cultures have depicted angels as being of distinct skin-colors and tones.

The WTS ,deny it as they may, is traditionally a company with a WASP board of directors. This continues to be the situation even in the case of the newest additions to the Governing Body.

BTW, I think it would be a great question to pose to them.

• yumbby
    yumbby

I find it disturbing/fascinating that I never noticed it before. Next witness that comes to my door, I'm going to ask them!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Haven't you ever seen a dark angel?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    But for a worldwide Society of the 21st century that prides itself on racial equality and integration, should it not raise eyebrows now?

It certainly should!!

I agree, it is completely WASP ethnocentricity. Why anyone black becomes a JW today is beyond me (those NOT born in).

• integ
    integ

why anyone PERIOD becomes a witness today is beyond me.

When you think about it, how dumb do the people being baptized have to be to get dunked?

• integ
    integ

...i mean with all the available info out there.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Haven't you ever seen the documentary where the little black girl chose a white doll over the black doll because she had been indoctrinated to believe that black was bad/dirty?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Here's the story about the black girl and dolls: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2553348&page=1

Oct. 11, 2006 —

A new short film by a New York City high school student asks how far our society has come in its attitude toward race since the 1940s.

In her film, "A Girl Like Me," Kiri Davis recreates a famous 1940s experiment conducted by Dr. Kenneth Clark that studied the psychological effects of segregation on black children.

In Clark's test, children were given a black doll and a white doll, and then asked which one they thought was better.

Overwhelmingly, they chose the white doll.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2748469

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I guess there ain't many angels from the 'hood.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit