Why are angels always white?

by slimboyfat 52 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In pictures of Conventions or the new system they tend to show a mixture of races, but the angels always seem to be white.

Slim

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

it goes better with their costumes.

sincerely,

tetrapod

• bluebell
    bluebell

Ive never noticed (probably because im white...) although I havent been to any conventions/assemblies or read any of their literature in a while i agree its true. mix of races on earth but not in heaven. spose its for the same reason that god is always depicted as white and all the annointed in heave/twelve elders. are any of the gb non white?

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Because light is perceived as white - there may be racist issues but the last truly white person I saw was a Goth.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's a cultural thing, in fact angels are not human and they can't be given colours as humans though they must have their own different type of races. It reminds me of the beautiful Latin American song "Angelitos Negros" (black little angels) where the lyrics ask the painters: why do you always forget to paint black little angels, if God in heaven also loves them?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There is one black man on the GB: Samuel Herd.

You don't see many anointed depicted as black either. Which is probably fair coming to think on it, 'cos let's face it there couldn't have been many black people who were "anointed" in the Witness sense.

But why are the angels all white? Has there been a holocaust in heaven or something?

I don't know what is stranger - that angels are not shown as black or Asian, or that I never noticed it before.

Slim

• phil78
    phil78

It helps them blend in with the clouds.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Ha, you're right...I never noticed. I tried to embed this but it looked like it wasn't going to work very well so I just hyperlinked it:

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20060115/article_01.htm

All silver-haired white dudes...lol

• zack
    zack

The bible describes the appearance of some spirit creatures. Maybe that's where the bias comes from.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Remember Black people will turn white in the New System. Everyone will be white. Did the Watchtower ever change that version of Blacks turning White?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit