Why are angels always white?

by slimboyfat 52 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

http://jwinfo.8m.com/activism.htm

“…the white race exhibits some qualities of superiority over any other …” --Watchtower 7/15/1902

“Instead of being against the principles advocated by the government of [Nazi] Germany, we stand squarely for such principles…”--Vindication 1931

“… reading matter distributed to a colored congregation would … be utterly wasted...”--Watchtower 4/15/1900

"…the commercial Jews of the British-American empire have carried on Big Business as a means of exploiting and oppressing the people....concerning the city of New York....'the Jews own it, the Irish Catholics rule it, and the Americans pay the bills.'"--1934 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses

“… the greater intelligence and aptitude of the Caucasian … this was evidently … under divine control. … co-mingling of the various tribes … would not equally brighten their intellects …”--Watchtower 7/15/1902

“Who in our time demonstrate … God's … love? … Only Jehovah's Witnesses.”— Watchtower 5/1/1989

• rebel8
    rebel8

A study was done to measure children's perceptions about race, morality, and beauty. It showed most kids believed whites were nicer and more beautiful. The study was repeated recently in a miniature way and not enough progress had been made...

Here's a heartbreaking video: http://www.blackprof.com/archives/2007/01/black_doll_bad_white_doll_good.html

Surely a religion that claims it is the ONLY loving religion and the ONLY one led by God Himself would not keep perpetuating racism.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

In my 20's I boarded with an older JW couple that had been witnesses forever. I was helping them clear some clutter in the basement and saw a calender. This had a picture of Jesus sitting with children teaching them.

Except Jesus didn't have a beard, and was Blond. It was from the 1920's or 30's so I was curious to see what religion they had been before converting to JW's.

I snuck aside to peek at the print and discovered "Watchtower and Bible Tract Society".

Bit of an eye opening experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit