Any "Worldly" Bad Traits Showing Since You Left The "Truth"???

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I don't swear mainly because I am a professional dealing with the public. I went through a period of smoking cigars, I havent had one in about 4 months. Ive been married to the same woman since 72. I guess the main thing different about me is I know the witnesses dont have the truth.

• juni
    juni

Minimus said:

could never understand why someone would start smoking after decades of not.

If you want to PM me I would be happy to educate you as to why. I discovered things through the help of a psychiatrist and many years of therapy.

Juni

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While I am just a fader, and not truly out of WT organization, I find that my morals are about the same.

I will say this- As someone who was tricked into a mind-control cult, when I thought I was doing God's
    will, it is really not MY place to apply any standards of judgement to other people.

EXAMPLES- How can I say that it's bad to curse, but for years, I promoted lying propaganda door-to-door?
    How can I determine that someone's fornication is wrong, but I stayed in bed with WTS? (Gross thoughts)

• mama1119
    mama1119

I have two small children, so I never swear out loud. But man, if you listen to what I say under my breath, it gets pretty bad. When I first started leaving, before I had kids, I was pretty "wordly" you could say. But then I got pregnant and had to reel it back in. So now, I am pretty sraight and narrow, don't smoke, but I do like a glass of wine or beer to relax, but my limit is always two..I don't like the feeling of being drunk, or buzzed, just relaxed.

• Rooster
    Rooster

Yes, I talk to all of my "Worldy" neighbors now..

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I fornicate like a rabbit.

But I don't drink.

I enjoy the occasional cigar.

I'm a lot quicker to speak my mind, and put other people in thier place.

I feel motivated to be nice to old people, and to help out strangers- because I want to be a good person, not so I can try and place a WT with them.

Oh yeah, and I can't seem to get the damn smile off of my face.

(btw, I do cuss a lot more now... I don't know why though)

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    I could never understand why someone would start smoking after decades of not.

Are you telling me you've not had a nice Dominican Republic, or Cuban Havanna cigar, or a few hits of Jamaican Gold whilst sitting on the shores of the Caribbean? I find that hard to believe Min.

Dismembered
  • minimus
    minimus

Dis, I've never smoked. At all. Never interested me. Other things do, though.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I've noticed lately that my meeting attendance has dropped off. I used to, "go to five to stay alive," but in the past five or six years I average only zero meetings a week. I'm starting to get concerned. Also, I'm aware of a pernicious little habit I've picked up of referring to the elders as hypocritical assholes who can go <expletive> themselves. Oh, yeah, and the swearing thing...

• minimus
    minimus

I swear more than ever. I can't f*ck*n help it, it seems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit