Any "Worldly" Bad Traits Showing Since You Left The "Truth"???

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you tend to swear and curse now?? Overindulging in drinking?? Smoking?? A little 'immoral' lately???

• DJK
    DJK

D....All of the above and happy with it.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I was cursing at bethel so thats nothing new. As far as worldly traits I have to say yeah. I tend to enjoy myself and have fun now. I am reaping the rewards of my hard work now, instead of some future rewards to come in a future paradise.

• Undecided
    Undecided

We live in this world don't we? I saw some of these traits in the JWs too. I'm pretty well over these fun things though since I turned 71.

Ken P.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Yep, Im the "all of the above" kind too!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I always over indulged in alcohol even when an elder. However, I do use the F word a lot more now. I have also entertained customers in strip clubs now. Last visit was one about 2 miles from Dallas Love Field Airport (ps the lapdance was wonderful)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I drank more as a JW, and my language is about the same. I quit smoking, which I was doing as a JW too. As for immorality, I can't be bothered. My stint as a JW soured me on relationships of any kind.

However, my bird, Rocco, loves getting tummy rubs, and I'm sure JW elders could find some fault with that.

W

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

I can't bring myself to swear or commit fornication, don't really have the desire to anyhow. I think I still want to wait until marriage, the trouble is finding a worldly man who is willing to waitI dunno, I think I'm worth itI still hate to hear people swear and I still hate watching movies with swearing in it.

• juni
    juni

I don't know why, but this topic made me laugh. I was such a goody two shoes while a JW it makes me want to yank now.

Bad traits? In my stupidity I gave the cigarette international "hi" sign to the organization. Still battling w/the addiction.

Got drunk on two occassions and it felt great! Stayed in; didn't drive. Was only having fun w/a neighbor woman - this was not a free for all party.

Immoral? Absolutely not!! Even though my husband cheated on me I remained chaste. Did I have offers while I was separated? Yes. But I didn't succumb.

Stolen anything? Nope.

I am a good person and I don't need the WT organization dictating to me how I should "be more" than I humanly am able.

Do I like having a good time? You bet. But I have personal integrity. Doesn't mean I'm perfect - who is? But I will forever stand by my values.

Juni

• minimus
    minimus

I could never understand why someone would start smoking after decades of not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit