Any "Worldly" Bad Traits Showing Since You Left The "Truth"???

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

You all are wicked heathens!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Minimus: "You all are wicked heathens!" no, I think I am a fuckin' heathen.

• minimus
    minimus

oh

• Bryan
    Bryan

I have left many wonderful, christian, JW traits behind:

While driving around I no longer dream of living in the biggest homes after Jehovah murders the owners.

I no longer rejoice when world events are horrible and people are dying.

I no longer think I am better than the "World".

I no longer look forward to a massacar of all men woman and children across the globe who are not JW's.

Bryan

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Do you tend to swear and curse now??

I curse to myself, which I have always done. Firefighters curse a great deal, so I have never desired to be like the low-lifes that I work with. Witness or not.

Overindulging in drinking?? I am a social drinker. Usually on a business trip I like to make the room spin, via alcohol. Has not changed.

Smoking?? A little 'immoral' lately???

Neither. Happily married for 14 years. I am actually closer to God and pray more than ever. I want my children to be God-fearing, over-achievers. Very rich and successful in life.

Prior to marriage I committed fornication at 20 YO and told the elders. I do regret telling them. I also went to a strip club with co-workers and told. Again, a waste of time. It was social, I do not see a problem with them but, I have not went back.

I did not leave because i wanted to LIVE the Worldly life. I disagree with the doctrines and lack of genuine love. I have a medical condition that i won't go into, but the witnesses have shown me no LOVE.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I have the worst of the worst "worldly" bad traits since I left:

Listening to all sides of a debate.
    Checking references.
    Detecting BS from miles away.
    Reading.
    Thinking.

• zack
    zack

I think I'm becoming more righteous. How can you get worse when you quit praying for the deaths of 99.99 percent of humanity? I'm still a fader,

but I may like this whole wordly thing. Makes you nicer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit