Would you die for what you believe?

by avidbiblereader 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still wondering
    still wondering

I would never die for my beliefs, MY BELIEFS MIGHT BE WRONG.

• Wafe
    Wafe

This is a question that I can only give a possible answer to as I have never had to chance to do so but...

The entire basis of Christianity is based of whether Jesus Christ was really resurrected from the dead. If Jesus was just a false prophet or worse did not exist at all well, even the Apostle Paul said that a persons faith is useless. I have looked over the Bible account for the last several years and have come to the conclusion that the events happened. While there are too many points to mention, I will just say that I feel that there is enough worth dying for.

So yes, I believe that I would die for them but I hope never to have to do so :)

• Wafe
    Wafe

I also notice that people say that they would die for people.

All of you are aware the dying for a person is just a pointless as dying for an idea right? After all, on a cosmic level, everyone dies, it is just a question of when and where.

So what is so noble about the idea sparing someone only to allow them to die at a latter date?

In short, if this is really all there is and there is no coming back to life by Christ, spare them the pain and agony of having to fear of death all over again.

Sorry to sound so morbid but it is the truth.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I believe that many have died senseless deaths at the hands of cruel people or for a war they didn't believe in, But I agree with DeputyDog and that living for your belief is more important but I as a Bible reader if called on to die for my faith in Christ I would do so. Those are my beliefs that I live but I have already been told that I may have to die.

I only hope that if called on to prove my faith I would do so.

abr

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I just can't think of circumstances that my beliefs would be put under threat of death.

Are there things I would rather die than do? Yup. Religion just doesn't rank on the list.

• lilybird
    lilybird

I can't see any purpose in dying for a belief. Believing in something is what makes your life better or more meaningful. If you die for a belief.. then it makes it all meaningless. Your beliefs have not made your life better..

• jeanV
    jeanV

I went into surgery refusing the option of a blood transfusion in case it was needed.

Can you imagine that MOST of us would be DEAD because of this belief alone?

some of us may have been ready to sacrifice our children for this belief

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit