Would you die for what you believe?

by avidbiblereader 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

jeanV and all those that say "No!"

What are you living for?

How you answer that question, is what you are dying for.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Five years before I learned the truth about the "truth," I was willing to die for a belief. I went into surgery refusing the option of a blood transfusion in case it was needed.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Five years before I learned the truth about the "truth," I was willing to die for a belief. I went into surgery refusing the option of a blood transfusion in case it was needed.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"my conclusion is that it may often be harder to question one's beliefs rather than die for them."

I think you're on to something there.

• jeanV
    jeanV

deputy dog, today I honestly can say that I do not know, maybe to help others to see the truth about the truth (but that is a strong feeling due to what is going on inside me after finding out I allowed myself to be deceived for a good portion of my life), then to enjoy the time with my children, for my work. In general I am trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life.

Whatever I think and believe now, may be proven wrong in the future. The only certainty I have is that there are no certainties (which is in itself a contradiction ;-) ), therefore I doubt that there is any belief that is worth giving up one's life for.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Not enough is made of those in Malawi that died, while their was a double standaed in Mexica. I would Die for those that I love, that is the greatest gift I could give them.

I recall the girl from Columbine, CO. that died because she admitted she was a christian. I think I would have done anything to live another day, The Apostole Peter route. He lied 3 times and is supposed to be the gatekeeper in heaven. Obvious, God accepted / forgave his lies.

I would not die for the witness beliefs.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I went into surgery refusing the option of a blood transfusion in case it was needed.

Can you imagine that MOST of us would be DEAD because of this belief alone?

• SilverNyte
    SilverNyte

You are the only proof for what you believe.

Without you, belief would not be possible.

Investigate all your beliefs until you discover there is no need for belief of any kind.

Belief transforms into a knowing and that knowing equates to being.

To know is to be. To be is to know.

If you chose to die for that, what would be left?

Nothing.

Would you die for nothing?

A man who is willing to die for his beliefs is pathological and a danger to himself and to others.

He is like a man who would lead others on a journey accross the desert on foot without water because he believes oases are real and convinces his followers to believe in him.

S

• SilverNyte
    SilverNyte

Or, possibly, if you chose to die for your beliefs, you would discover that there is no death, and that you remain. Thus, dying for what you believe doesn't work in this case either.

S

• SilverNyte
    SilverNyte

What would you prove by dying for what you believe?

Is there a point?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit