Would you die for what you believe?

by avidbiblereader 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeanV
    jeanV
    nope.. after finding out the watchtower was seriously flawed after believing it for a lifetime i dont put any value on belief anymore.
    Considering that beliefs are only mind generated abstracts and concepts, it seems foolish to die for them.

you both well expressed my current thought.

I'd like to add that given the long time it has taken many of us to wake up, my conclusion is that it may often be harder to question one's beliefs rather than die for them.

• JH
    JH

I would prefer live for what I believe in.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello jeanv,

it may often be harder to question one's beliefs rather than die for them.

Precisely. For that reason, my friend you are a hero.

' I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.'

I don't know who came up with that, but I love it.

Carry on jeanv.

Nvr

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

DDog:
    Not explicitly. The whole book emphasizes that life can be harsh and you should enjoy the good things that you do get.

• jeanV
    jeanV

thanks nvr.

I am reading a book all JW (and not only them) should read. why we believe what we believe by Andrew Newberg. So far a fascinating mind expander.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Bush is making our KIDS die for HIS beliefs.

The only thing I would die for is my kids.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I am reading a book all JW (and not only them) should read. why we believe what we believe by Andrew Newberg. So far a fascinating mind expander.

Thanks for the tip, jeanv.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Crumpet

Would I step in front of a tank for a principle? Nope

Are you saying you have no priciples?

Would I step in front of a tank for another person? Yes. I think most people's lives I value more than mine.

Isn't that a principle?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Candidlynuts:

I agree with your statement. After having been so deceived, I have come to question all of my beliefs as being seriously flawed. Probably the only belief I have left is my belief that I should be free from despotic religions/governments. Maybe this is the only belief worth dying for.

LHG

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Would I die for my lack of beliefs? Like the Salem Witch Trial type of thing? Maybe, rather than an emphatic yes, only because of my kids.

Political beliefs/feelings...no way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit