Kind of Neat... for me at least.

by RichieRich 42 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Sorry for replying so late in the game (I don't get on here much) I just wondered if they whistled when you rode a motorcycle!

(lookin good rich lookin good!)

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Well it certainly makes a statement Richie.........enjoy being who you are today but remember yesterday sometimes comes back to bite ya in the short curlies.

Eh kids.

• crashfire451
    crashfire451

Very cool, RR. When are going to grace us with your presence in chat over at Thom's? I thought our last conversation about wood-wilting glasses of cold water with BB went fairly well. How's the job going?

richie you could do that thing with your neck next - where you place metal bangles around it - adding new ones given you an elongated neck

So, er....um...would this type of procedure work on any, uh, area of the body? Sorry for the wonders-of-erectile-tissue reference, but the flippin' chat room is a bit dead and my oh-so-subtle adult references have no where else to go.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    I just wondered if they whistled when you rode a motorcycle!

the big holes don't... but when i have hollow jewelry in the smaller holes, they do. It's pretty funny, I'll be walking in the wind, and hear this subtle whistle, and I'm like, what in the hell?

Then I realize...

• Kudra
    Kudra

I heard at the place I go to that you can get huge holes like that just sewn up for like $150 bucks and they hardly show at all.

I have a hole from my lip ring that is a little more obvious than I'd like it to be...

-K

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

yeah Kudra... my shop advocates electrocautery procedures to close the holes...and the best thing is... I WORK THERE... so no cost!!! hahaha

• Kudra
    Kudra

Richie-

Could that electrocautery do anything for this hole in my lip? Or is that something you'd have to do immediately after taking it out?

I think it's been out for ~6 months. Hey! you going to dallas? Bring your cauterizer! Or we could just heat up a needle in the bonfire and do it Texas style!

-K

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Unfortunately, I can't make it to Dallas....

And unfortunately also, there's little hope for your lip. Put Vitamin A and or E oil on it regularly, and you should notice the scar start to decrease in severity.

Worse case scenario... you get a cool dimple.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Dear Dr. Richie:

My daughter got her ears pierced at a very professional counter at the local Wal-Mart at the age of 7. By a girl, who I found out had only ever done 1 piercing before. When we got out to the car, I noticed that I could see the back of her earring on her right ear, hanging down. So we went back in, and the girl re-pierced it. Still was at an angle, but we called it quits.

She is now 15, and went through the heavy bling jewelry last year, and this years big dangles. I noticed that her right ear hole is about 4 mm long, with only 2 mm left til it tears. Will the electocautry (sp) help her? Should we get another piercing now, or wait til it heals?

And.... it wasn't til after she got her ears pierced, that we found out she has a tendency towards keloiding. So I guess we got lucky, on the ears. Does the electrocautry help with not keloiding?

I await your expert opinion.

PS Hope you have good Dental Insurance. That tongue ring, cute and very sexy, may cause many dental problems. I personally have seen approx. 30 such people. It has ranged from chipped teeth, to gingival abcesses, to periodontal abcesses, cracked teeth, these on both top and bottom teeth, and a few others that can't be explained in few words, but were pretty cool to see and talk about. Should have taken pictures.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

HL,

the reason for the long slits in your daughter's ears is what is known as the cheese cutter effect. Most gun piercings are done with 20g studs, which are wire thin. When you wear thin jewelry in your ears, any and all weight can pull the wire down, slowly cutting the lobe in half. Unfortunately, there aren't many options for your daughter besides surgical reconstruction of the lobes. The one thing you can do is STOP her from wearing heavy jewelry! Heavy, dangly jewelry will surely lengthen the slit in her ears. Take her to a qualified piercing shop in your area, and talk to the piercer there about her options. She could do proper size piercings just to the side of her old holes, or if she's interested, and mom allows, she could try wearing some plugs (what I wear, but on a much smaller level, 8g or 6g perhaps) which should make the slits a bit more attractive.

For the record, electrocauterization is an extremely painful process requiring a skilled practitioner. Its something I'm willing to undergo, but it isn't a magical cure all. Usually, electrocautery scalpels are used in the body modification industry to do branding, where a keloided scar is the desire... so electrocautery doesn't stop keloiding at all.

Hope you have good Dental Insurance. That tongue ring, cute and very sexy, may cause many dental problems. I personally have seen approx. 30 such people. It has ranged from chipped teeth, to gingival abcesses, to periodontal abcesses, cracked teeth, these on both top and bottom teeth, and a few others that can't be explained in few words, but were pretty cool to see and talk about.

HAHA! I don't have a standard tongue piercing that puts me at risk for all those silly things!! I have my lingual frenulum pierced, and it doesn't touch my teeth at all, and it doesn't bother my gums either...

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit