For women: your view of strip clubs

by Paralipomenon 72 Replies latest social relationships

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    No it wouldn't bother me, I'll go with him.

I've gone with him and without him.

• 5go
    5go
    Strip clubs are fantasy-based businesses designed to separate people (typically men) from their potential real lives and earnings, just as the Watchtower Society does. One operates under the pretense of entertainment, the other salvation.

Both make big bucks off of superficial yearnings, surrounded by fake people and vampires.

Both operate on false hopes. Both attract and engender losers with a capital L.

That being said, I think they're great places for rejectable men and sorrowful women who have nothing to offer in this world. To each his own; even lowlifes need to make a living off each other and it's perfectly legal to do so.

~Sue

I am a loser and I haven't gone there and have no atraction to go there even when a coworker gave me a free pass to go.I feel more like a loser for not going most of the brothers in the hall I know have gone. So has every last person I have ever worked with. In fact it's the cowards like me that are the losers not getting the sexual fantasies out ever. There goes your theory. Of course I have a lot more money than my coworkers. So maybe not.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

For a month or so, my coworkers were really trying to get me to go with them to a strip club. I don't know if they've abandoned their mission, but they haven't said anything lately, probably because the main guy who wanted to take me to a strip club doesn't work there anymore.

Even though this is the time in a man's life when he is more inclined to think with his pants than his head, I've no desire to go to one. If I want that sort of entertainment, I don't believe I should have to pay for it. With enough game, I can get it done for me.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way
    Strip clubs are fantasy-based businesses designed to separate people (typically men) from their potential real lives and earnings, just as the Watchtower Society does. One operates under the pretense of entertainment, the other salvation.

Both make big bucks off of superficial yearnings, surrounded by fake people and vampires.

Both operate on false hopes. Both attract and engender losers with a capital L.

That being said, I think they're great places for rejectable men and sorrowful women who have nothing to offer in this world. To each his own; even lowlifes need to make a living off each other and it's perfectly legal to do so.

~Sue

Sue,

You are entitled to your opinion,

But I sense that it stems from a personal hurt judging by such sweeping generalizations that you made, (that are not necessesarily true).

Many women work there to make money to support their family, to put them selves through school, and while it isnt the most ''proper'' of jobs, it's alot more money than what they would make doing secular work, or flipping burgers. There doesnt have to be touching involved. Many, many respectable people work and go to strip clubs, for a variety of reasons. The statement that those people have nothing to offer to this world is a stereotype and is blatantly mean and untrue. When you used the term lowlife, all I thought was ''ouch'', Sue was really hurt by someone who went to strip club(s), and if that is the case, then Im really sorry that you were hurt.

Frannie is neither a lowlife, and she does have ALOT to offer to this world, she isn't a loser, nor was she a loser when she was a dancer, she was working to support herself. I think she is an awesome person, Ive learned many valuable lessons from her on JWD..

I just think that it isnt fair to make generalized comments about one thing, or about certain people just because of their job, or just because of their lifestyle. It's like saying ''all men are pigs'', or ''all women over 40 are cougars''. Those are not true statements, but statements made from an uninformed, biased, prejudiced opinion.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

(((((FMW))))) $$$$$$$$$

(psssst! I paid FMW to say that, yall.)

• found-my-way
  • mama1119
    mama1119

Nope! I would not tolerate my husband going to a strip club for one second. Nor would I go with him. Would not happen. We have two daughters, and under no circumstances would I ever want them to think we approve of that as a choice. I mean no offense to anyone on here, but I would not want that lifestyle for either of my girls.

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled

They are a big fat "NO" in my marriage but, hey, to each his own. That's what we decided for our relationship.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Nope! I would not tolerate my husband going to a strip club for one second. Nor would I go with him. Would not happen. We have two daughters, and under no circumstances would I ever want them to think we approve of that as a choice. I mean no offense to anyone on here, but I would not want that lifestyle for either of my girls.

That's totally understandable, cher. I agree. My daughter's ex-hubby was a frequenter of "titty bars" and we both knew he was cheatin'. She dumped him finally.

Frannie

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I went to a strip club with an old boyfriend once - told him I wanted to see what goes on there so he took me. I thought it was very sad, the women weren't pretty, just young and kind of flabby looking, the men all looked lonely, everyone there in his/her own little world. They weren't very good dancers, either and it didn't look as if anyone was having a good time. So not my thing. I can see how it would be damaging to family life if the husband/father spent his time and money in places like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit