update on my divorce situation

by depressed 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Dawg beat me to it. Let it go.

Disfellowshipping, shunning, most everything about WTS is wrong. Just because you were
    hurt (okay- beyond hurt) by a JW, there's no need to prove yourself to his family and
    attempt to get him disfellowshipped. If you think I am wrong, then fine- you did it and you
    gave it a shot. Let it go after your shot was fired. You proved yourself the victim to his
    family and they didn't listen. You tried to get him disfellowshipped and (as far as you know)
    nothing happened.

WALK AWAY in peace. Separation and divorce are about moving on with your life. I do
    understand the desire for hurting back, but that desire causes yourself more pain. You
    go for the house and the car and the time-share and the bank account, but after the dust
    settles (the lawyers are finished) you walk away. You may not meet for coffee, but you
    don't have to remain in war camps with an ex. It just causes ulcers and heart problems and
    eating disorders and need for lots of therapy FOR YOU.

I am totally trusting of my wife, and that means she would really violate me if she cheated
    (or for that matter, spied on me for the elders). I would be totally unforgiving. But after I get
    out of a situation, I would hope that I stop dragging myself back into it. Let it go.

• anewme
    anewme

Its easy to say "let it go". But if it was so easy to do we'd all be letting it go and get off this XJW site and get on with our lives.

The truth is, it's not easy. And letting go is sometimes in stages.

Hope you find some peace Depressed,

• Lostwun
    Lostwun

Damn, I remember reading this when i was still together with my husband thinking what a f*cked up type of situation this was for her to go through. I felt so sorry reading her story. Now I'm living her story, her nightmare minus the excessive emails being sent in rage. I am guilty of sending at least one email to his parents and elders with alot of evidence i was hoping would get his ass disfellowshipped, but at the end of the day it did nothing but only satisfied my wanting revenge to hurt him the way he hurt me yet I still hurt and the verdict of public reproof still stands.

Seeing my soon to be ex husband get off the hook so easily for all the damage he caused hurts like hell but i appreciate reading all the timely advice given to the original poster because it's helping me to try to put things into perspective and learn to let the anger go for my own wellbeing and move on and be thankful for this blessing in disguise. Still the pain of betrayal is a strong thing to let go of so easily.

Depressed, I pray that you are in a better state now then when you written this post 9 years ago.

Take care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit