update on my divorce situation

by depressed 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

We all have freedom of choice, whether we recognize it or not, whether others recognize it or not. Principles guide us all.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Depressed, I am so sorry for what you're going through. (( ))

Looking completely objectively at this situation, my instinct is to quit contacting the family and forward all evidence to the congregation officials (who aren't related to your ex) and copy the society headquarters. Send it registered mail if you like, just to be sure they get it.

Oh, and it would be cool to say, yeah Mistress, please send me pregnancy and commitment ceremony pictures because I don't believe you. That will be GREAT evidence in your divorce proceedings and also in his future judicial committee hearing.

You can categorize this action in one of two ways, whichever floats your boat:

(1) You are helping to keep the congregation clean and avoid your own bloodguilt for hiding the serious sins of your brother. (Although Fred Hathaway is saying "wait on J", I'm sure he will remember the many times the wt has written in its literature that jws are required to report their brothers' sins to the elders.)

(2) A little revenge never hurt anyone.

Once you mail the evidence, put it aside in your mind. (Keep it for court proceedings as evidence of adultery of course.)

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Depressed,

Odrade may not have sugar coated the advice at all, but it was still sound. Here is a quote to ponder:

“Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.” ~Confucius

Essentially he hurt you and you are doing your best to try to hurt him back. He is not longer with you, so you are trying to attack him via the only means you have left to influence in his life, his religion.

Being angry and upset are natural. Obsessing over exposing his two-faced dealings only allows him to continue to influence your life.

The path to healing will only begin when you drop the hatred. Say it takes another year for you to finally expose him and you are triumphant. That is a full year that you denied yourself happiness. You will not find comfort in getting revenge, you can either realize that now, or after you waste more time attempting it.

• cab1000
    cab1000

Depressed,

Check out the forums over at: www.ojar.com . You can also benefit from the forums over at: www.marriagebuilders.com . (despite the name).

Trust me, I know.

~cab

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

By waiting on Jehovah, your answer became available to use in this decision, if she decides to consider it.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

That's another, very different point of view, if she wants to consider it.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

And, now a couple more options she may want to check into. What a benefit for waiting for the inspirations given to others. Now to test the spirits to think through which advice is in harmony with Jehovah's will and which is contrary to it. Then formulate a flexible course, allowing for Jehovah's wisdom to elevate the path we each take from here.

• vitty
    vitty

Fred

While I was reading this thread through, your little pearls of wisdom or ( s....t) made me want to scream out loud............

............Fred, shut up !

But now they have made me laugh.......................thanks

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

now back to our regular broadcast.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I know Vitty, I'm giggling about Fred claiming Jehoopla is working through us!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit