update on my divorce situation

by depressed 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• depressed
    depressed

anyway, my soon to be ex husband's dad is the PO of the congregation, his mom a pioneer and his sister and her husband are in gilead.

My soon to be ex husband (who went to visit the fortune teller with the other woman) is baptized and used to serve in bethel. Is this email cause for disfellowship? Can his dad like now see the damn light?

• depressed
    depressed

anyway, my soon to be ex husband's dad is the PO of the congregation, his mom is a regular pioneer, his sister is in Gilead with her husband. What I'd like to know is that since my soon to be ex husband was in bethel, and a "fully baptized" JW, could his family now ex communicate or disfellowship him on the basis of this email alone??

Do we know if the witnesses still disfellowship based on astrological readings/?

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

You know it is not at all unusal for the mistress to email the wife. I see it all the time in my job. It floors me they do it and its such a stupid thing to do. It provides great ammo to the other side when it comes to getting a good settlement. The mistress gets her jabs in but in the end it can come at a very high cost especially if the spouse does not want their behavior exposed publically. Nothing is more embarrassing apparently than having your dirty laundary aired in public or even worse have it on public record.

I keep in touch with our clients well after the divorces are done and I have found that the ones that had an affair very very few of them are still with the person they had the affair with. Most seemed to crash and burn within a year.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

With a PO father, a pioneer mother and a Gilead sister I'm afraid he is pretty much 'teflon coated'.

Their attitude thus far should tell you they have no interest in taking any action other than protecting him.

Your anger is understandable but it's probably time to let it and him go.

Go for a hike - climb a mountain - work out that anger. It is a wonderful & beautiful world out there.

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

I'm chuckling because I bet I know the actors in this soap opera, though I now live far far away... :)

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Fortunately, Jehovah can read hearts all the way around. We'll just have to continue to work in harmony with what we each know is Jehovah's will, and let him take care of the rest. If only real love were the only currency now like we know it will be. Jehovah praises those who endure for the Kingdom and his righteousness. We just have to continue to wait on him as we each work out our own salvation.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

When she suggested you see a therapist, did she by any chance recommend hers?

Sounds to me like everything she is saying about you fits her own feet. She's probably had every word said to her at some point and she is just rehearsing it back to you.

Hurting People Hurt....I'd stay away from her and really focus on healing.

Your husband will reap what he has sown. He is with a woman who sounds pretty wicked and as much as it hurts you, you have to try real hard to not think about all the ugliness over and over again.

I'm really, really sorry this happened to you.

I hope you have a really close girlfriend you can lean on.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I only read the first email - so cruel - and I haven't read your previous posts yet. You don't know it yet, but in a couple of years' time your ex will be torturing himself seeing you with a new man while he grows to resent the bitter woman he's saddled himself with - because she sounds jealous and resentful toward you.

Things will work out for the best! (well, for YOU anyway)

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Fortunately, Jehovah can read hearts all the way around. We'll just have to continue to work in harmony with what we each know is Jehovah's will, and let him take care of the rest. If only real love were the only currency now like we know it will be. Jehovah praises those who endure for the Kingdom and his righteousness. We just have to continue to wait on him as we each work out our own salvation

Hah. As gods go, assuming he exists, Jehovah has to be about the most inept one imaginable. And he has such delusions of grandeur..

The higher up one goes in his organization, the fewer people one seems to find who are actually following his rules, rather than going out of their way to try to hide their wrongdoing.

Plus, he (and his organization) make all sorts of false claims about him (and themselves)...he should stop making such grandiose claims and start doing some housecleaning. Because while I've *heard* over and over about how he doesn't tolerate wrongdoing and how he'll "take care of things" I've never seen any evidence of him actually doing anything.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Everything in its due time. Patience is a virtue. And so is turning the other cheek.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit