How polite are you?

by JH 42 Replies latest jw friends

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I go out of my way to assist people but not to an extreme. I do hold doors, let others go ahead of me in a store if I have a cart full and they only have a few things.

I do not let people take advantage though (at least not for long). For instance, in a rest room a lady dropped her purse and everything spilled out on the floor. I bent down and started picking up her things to help her. When I realized she was not picking up anything but was standing there letting me do it all I stood up and walked out and left her things on the floor.

Both my kids have very good manners. I did have to correct my daughter once when she was learning to drive. She was giving other people the right of way that could have caused a wreck. Good manners only work when they don't put you or others in danger.

• seawolf
    seawolf

I've always been polite and held the door open for people when they're walking in or give them my seat if they look like they could use it. I admit I tend to be chivalrous and go the extra mile if it's a lady.....but sometimes I get strange stares or whatever. Not sure how to take it other than they don't have that done too often to them and they're not sure what to make of it.

• dobbie
    dobbie

I'm always polite, thank you very much for asking. Please have a good day. (there that was polite wasn't it) No. i do hold doors open, and am polite behind the wheel of the car, i used to get up on the bus and let little old ladies have my seat. However when i was pregnant and the bus was full no one ever got up for me, one woman wouldn't even move her shopping off the only free seat - but i did'nt say much cos i'm too polite lol!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit