How polite are you?

by JH 42 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    I said, in a voice he could hear, "next time it slams in your face" and I kept going.

LHG - I think you and I would get along just fine!

Brooke

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I would like to go to the Brooke and Buttlight School of Ettiqutte? How much is it?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Hi Brooke:

I know what you mean about people. But, this was about an educated well-paid individual in a work place. He should know better. His problem is that he is arrogant and thinks he is better than everybody.

Now, I would not do this in a PUBLIC place because you don't know what kind of dangerous mentality you could be dealing with. Some people are rude because they want to hurt somebody and that somebody could be YOU. If you answer back in a snotty way you will only be helping this individual to hurt you. You gotta be careful.

LHG

• mama1119
    mama1119

My Mom taught us very good manners, although my brother seems to have forgotten them...but I always try to hold doors open for people, because I appreciate it when people do it for me when I am trying to manuver strollers and kids through a door. My daughter has picked up excellent manners already, I always get comments on how polite she is to people.

I have had to totally train my husband...his mother did not teach him or his brother ANY manners..but he is getting alot better. I am not so embarrassed to take him places anymore.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    If you answer back in a snotty way you will only be helping this individual to hurt you. You gotta be careful.

I understand. Time and place. I know my limits.

Although, have you seen my husband? I basically can say whatever I want....lol Kidding!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am usually polite-I always try to be. My family thinks I go too far (my mom and oldest son think I shouldn't compliment people who are strangers), but I think to myself how often the one positive thing I hear all day is the only thing that kept me from despair/depression. Sometimes people need to have the positive things about them noticed. I always try to notice. So, I'm a dork. I am sometimes tactless which comes off as impolite, but is well intentioned and usually mis-spoken. Oy. I am sure there is a proverb or sonnet about cutting off ones tongue! Sometimes i wish I could take back entire conversations that just got twisted further off of my intent.

• Xena
    Xena
    I think to myself how often the one positive thing I hear all day is the only thing that kept me from despair/depression.

I like giving out random but sincere compliments as well. It doesn't cost me anything and I know when I get them I enjoy them...

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I like giving out random but sincere compliments as well.

You are the perfect foil to your future hubby then Xena - who loves to give out random but sincere insults!

Just watch he'll be here soon proving my point! LOL!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I would like to go to the Brooke and Buttlight School of Ettiqutte? How much is it?

Free for you sweetie!

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

In two of the lines of work I engage in (business consulting, and music), EGO and RUDENESS reign supreme, with a SCANT few exceptions. I stand out, because while I am very funny, crazy, silly, or whatever, I always start out giving people the same politeness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit