My sister's in ICU

by MsMcDucket 42 Replies latest social family

• choosing life
    choosing life

I hope things get better for you and your sister. The stress must be difficult for you. Get some rest. Sending positive thoughts your way.

• DJK
    DJK

Get some rest. I hope she improves and get well quickly.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

OMG!! So sorry to hear that Mrs. McD!!

I have never heard of anyone surviving with that high of blood sugar!! She's blessed to still be with us in the land of the living!!

Let us know how she is!

shell

• Twitch
  • MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

This is going to sound like the scene out of Grey's Anatomy after Meredith drowned in the "cold" water. I believe that the fact that she passed out at the doorway is what saved her life. I believe that the hypothermia prevented the breakdown of her muscle tissue and that it slowed down her metabolism. She was found just in time not to succumb to the hypothermia and ketoacidosis.

HAD TO BE!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

((((((((((((((MsMcDucket)))))))))))))))

You've had way too much happening in your family lately. You need a break!!

I hope things go well with your sister. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

GGG

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I'm diabetic and I can't imagine how her body is handling this. I assume she has a history of denial about her disease. God its hard sometimes to control oneself with this condition. I know from personal experience that the body is so out of whack that it affects one's mind. Our hormones and body chemistry is so screwed up its oppressive at times. (Especially if you are single as I am.) I know I have suffered depression and that leads to bad eating. In addition to that you have the damned craving for food when your sugar level is high because your body thinks its starving for glucose when its drenched.

I do hope she makes it. It is such a hideous disease that we bare. I'm glad you are able to be there for her and your nieces. Take care of yourself so you can endure. Word of this is serving as a warning to me, I've really been giving my best effort to get control of my disease. Thanks for this residual effect.

My thoughts are with you and yours.

W.Once

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

((((((((((((((((((((MsMcDucket))))))))))))))))))))

Boy, you've had some tough times lately. I sure hope things look up. Here's another ((((((((((hug)))))))))) for the road.

• hubert
    hubert

So sorry to hear you are having all these things happen. I hope everything gets better soon. Prayers go out to you and your sister. ((((((MsMC)))))

Hubert and wife

• deeskis
    deeskis

Thinking of you and your sister Mrs McD, was she the one with the blonde fro in the picture thread?

I reckon the hypothermia saved her too, hope she has a full recovery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit