My sister's in ICU

by MsMcDucket 42 Replies latest social family

• KW13
  • unique1
    unique1

So very sorry to hear that. Hang in there.

• free2think
    free2think

(((((((((((MsMcD))))))))) I hope your sister is ok and that she pulls through. Thinking of you.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

(((((MrsMcD)))))

Our hearts go out to you and your sister.

I hope that she is able to pull through!

Saying a prayer for you and her, with all the faith I have left...

• dobbie
    dobbie

Ms McD

I am so sorry to hear about your sister, i really hope she comes through this. Love and thoughts to you xxDebbie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

You know. It always seems to be the stringest that get the most things thrown at them.

Hang in there and be glad someone told you

• greendawn
    greendawn

I wish she gets better soon, but she shouldn't let her blood sugar get out of control in that way, there are several nasty side effects that can occur with uncontrolled sugar.

• mia_b
    mia_b

(((MsMcD))) Hope your sister is ok, take care of yourself

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I just thought I give a little update. My sister is still semi-comatose, her blood glucose was down to the 900's when I left the hospital, her BUN is critical, so there's the possibility that she may have to have dialysis to clear out the toxins. They don't want to do that now because dropping her blood glucose too fast could cause brain swelling. Her kidneys are still functioning, she is able to make urine, but there's been a heavy toll on her organs and body, too much break down.

I did hear her say "Hi" to her daughter after her daughter called mother, mommy, mama, mommie several times. My neices had to drive in from KC to get here. Of course, one broke down at the bedside.

My sister looks just like my mother laying in that bed. It's kind of hard to go in there. It's like I'm looking at my mother. They didn't believe my sister's age, same with my mother. My sister is 60 but looks 50. My mother looked like she could be 50.

She's hanging in there. I came home to take my meds and to get some rest.

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I have to say sounds like she is tough. The fact that she is even alive is amazing. Good luck and you need to take care of yourself also. Tell your sister we are all thinking of her.

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit