My sister's in ICU

by MsMcDucket 42 Replies latest social family

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Thinking of you and your sister Mrs McD, was she the one with the blonde fro in the picture thread?

That was me with the blonde afro.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

MsMcD--------------- I just saw this.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( HUGS )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hope you're getting some rest finally and that your sister has the best recovery possible! Oy, the things humans have to go through............. ((((((((((( MsMcD )))))))))))))

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Deeskis here's the whole pic:

Blonde is me (I, probably, was wearing some platform shoes )

The one next to me is the sister in the hospital (purple dress)

The older lady is Big Mama

The shorter lady is my sister "Sister"

The lady next to Sister is Mom

That's one of my brother's behind mom

You can barely see my sister May in the background

Oldpics014.jpg

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Why am I always the last to see these threads? Sorry to hear of your troubles Ms Mc D. I think your sister just got a wake up call. She will improve. You'll see.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

As always, beautiful family, MsMcD. Hope she recovers well soon.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

You have a lot of sisters in your family. Do you have any brothers?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

When I left the hospital tonight, she was doing somewhat better. She opened her eyes when her children called her, and she was able to say their names. I hoping for a full recovery. They still have her strapped down, due to confusion; and she's getting oxygen per bi-pap. The doctor is just saying let's see what happens.

I'm hoping for the best!

You know didn't I tell you all that I had a dream the other day where I couldn't move and that I couldn't open my mouth to call out for help. That's just freaky! She was laying there in the doorway and couldn't move or ask for help. I have to go back and look at my post to see if it correlates with the time that this was happening. I'd really be freaked out if it is!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Thanks for the compliment J-ex-W. Tyrone I have 6 sisters and 6 brothers. I'm the baby girl, 7th daughter, 10th child. One other thing that I haven't told anyone is that Sister has been missing for around 8 years. She had gotten into drugs. Mama refused to say or think that Sister is dead. She wouldn't even say so on her death bed.

I dunno?

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W
    Sister has been missing for around 8 years.

Oh, what heartbreak!! I can understand why she would want to hold on to that, though..............

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Good news! My sister is awake and talking. No apparent brain injury. She just doesn't "know" why she's in the hospital. She just remembers going to a fast food restaurant to get her supper and that's it.

My neices no longer want her to live alone. They've got to convince her to let someone live with her or they want her to move to KC to be with them.

I told them to tell her that the house is "demonized" because that is where my mother had her breathing difficulty and ran to a neighbor's house before she passed out. Many of you know the story. My mother ended up dying from complications of anoxic brain injury. My sister just may believe it! But, I know that she doesn't want to sell her home and she's not crazy (although I use to call her my dizzy broad sister), she has a degree in journalism and works as a substitute teacher. She's just kind of dingy. She's totally into church and doesn't miss a meeting. . .

All this leaving the house stuff has gotten my allergies to really going! I can't stop sneezing! I didn't know that it's damn near Spring out there! Whatever growing out there is doing a job on my nose! Bah! Humbug!

Love and thanks to you all! xoxoxox

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit