I Lost Everything Today

by compound complex 47 Replies latest jw friends

• choosing life
    choosing life

If he is disfellowshipped, they should take anything he says with suspicion. Just deny anything that you are not comfortable talking about. They have the two witness rule that you can use to your benefit. They do not deserve to know any of your private conversations.

Hope everything works out well for you.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Being unavailable to answer or meet will buy you time to decide when and how you'd like to handle it and actually keeps the control in your court. Insist on two witnesses, and for everyone's sake, don't betray yourself by being one of the two witnesses (unless you want to of course). ;)

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Just cuz this dork betrayed you,
    doesn't mean you have to betray you.

It may feel like you've already lost,
    but in truth, they do need two witnesses.

• jinjam
    jinjam

so sorry coco! he must be really crazy to do what he did! i hope it does'nt turn out too bad!

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I'd confront the guy and tell him that although you are there to support him he has no right to do what he's done and put your name to it.

Tell him to resend it with his name on it.

If anyone asks you about it say that the first you heard about it was when someone told you and it has nothing to do with you and you disagree with him distributing it and have taken up the issue with him.

Ask them if they usually accept the word of a mentally unstable DF'd person?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

CoCo, I have read your post 4 times and just don't know what to say, my thoughts and prayers are with you brother, but here is another example that that you try to do good and it sounds as if it has back fired on you, dont give up and what will be will be. Keep your chin up.

abr

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, dear friends,

You've given me lots to consider and work with. This time, at the keyboard, I am not shaking uncontrollably. I will have a better idea of the fallout when my JW clients call and say not to bother coming over.
    Peace and love to you all,

Coco

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    I will have a better idea of the fallout when my JW clients call and say not to bother coming over.

(((Coco))), I'm actually going to defy my own reaction if this was me, and say - it might not happen, try not to pre-empt any possible outcome. Try to act as normal - courteous and cheerful and if any of your regular clients do call to drop you, you can ask them why (play ignorant!) if you're behavour to them is reasonable, they'll hopefully give you a reasonable answer - at which point you can bring some of the other poster's suggested responses into play.

• Clam
    Clam

CoCo I'm not sure I can come up with any new suggestions, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending positive vibes.

Your concerned JW friend has helped considerably. At least you're pre-armed, and with the right strategy and a cool head you can conceivably get yourself out of this tight spot. Keep us all up to date.

All the very best

Clam

PS I bet Jeeves would've known what to do!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Outlaw just made a good point, you possibly may be able to get by on the terms of they guys sanity.

I would add that this could bring about a change for the better, you never know.

Keep us posted

-Drew

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit