MORE DRIVEL FROM APRIL 15TH WT STUDY.....

by Mary 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mary
    Mary

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but on pages 28-29 of the April 15, 2007 Watchtower study on Let the Congregation Be Built Up, they seem to be trying to justify the notion that a person cannot be 'saved' if they leave the Organization, even if they have just cause:

Paragraph 15 reads" In modern times, some have ceased associating with the local congregation, feeling that they will serve God on their own. They may say that it is because their feelings were hurt, they think a wrong is not being corrected, or they cannot accept some teaching. How reasonable is their course? While it is true that each Christian should have a personal relationship with God, we cannot deny that he is using a worldwide congregation, as he did in the apostles' day. Furthermore Jehovah used and blessed local congregations in the first century, arranging for qualified elders and ministerial servants to benefit the congregations. That is also true today."

Hmmm.....hurt feelings? A wrong not being corrected? Cannot accept some teaching? Sounds to me like more and more Witnesses are tired of being told they have to "do more, do more, do more" or are very upset that they never paid into a company pension and are now retiring and living in poverty, or a host of other things that go on in every congregation. As for a 'wrong' not being corrected, well, how many pedophiles are walking free amongst the brothers and sisters, including their victims, and nothing's ever been done about it? How many wives stay with a husband who beats the holy hell out of her and the kids, yet presents a purer-than-pure image at the Hall? And as for those who 'cannot accept some teaching'------well, I believe this is becoming more commonplace all the time. This shouldn't be a huge surprise to the GB. After all, they said for how many decades that the Generation of 1914 would be the ones to see the Big A. To question that was viewed as apostasy and you were disfellowshipped, like Mouthy was. Since they up and changed this doctrine in 1995, perhaps more and more are realizing that there's something seriously wrong here.

I find it pathetic that they are still trying to tell you what you must believe when they say "we cannot deny that he is using a worldwide congregation as he did in the apostle's day". There is (naturally) no scriptural reference given to back this claim up, but you have to accept it anyway because we said so. I love how they're always comparing themselves to the first century congregation, yet there is no biblical reference to the first century Christians having to meet 5 times a week, or go out banging on doors on the Sabbath, or keep tract of how many scrolls they placed. There's no evidence that any brother who had a beard couldn't be an elder or MS......I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture. There's virtually nothing similar between those who met 2,000 years in private homes and the WTB&TS today.

Anyway, paragraph 16 whines on"...If a Christian feels that he can rely just on his own relationship with God, he is turning away from a God-ordained arrangement---that of both the worldwide congregation and the local congregations of God's people. (a scriptural reference to back this up please?) The individual might go off on his own or be associating with just a few others, but where is the arrangement for congregation elders and the provision of ministerial servants?.....when Paul wrote to the congregation in Colossae and directed that the letter be read also in Laodicia, he spoke of being "rooted and beign built up in [Christ]." Those in the congregations, not individuals who separated themselves from such, would benefit from this.--Colossians 2:6, 7; 4:16

Once again, the Writing Department jumps in where angels fear to tread. There is certainly nothing wrong with Christians meeting to discuss scriptural matters and it is encouraged that Christians do so. However, it is insane and scripturally dishonest to imply that those who aren't attending all the meetings are somehow inferior to those that do. Good lord, when Paul was travelling, he sure as hell wasn't at an official "meeting" every week. For a good portion of his ministry, he was on his own, or at the most, with one or two other brothers. What about John, the writer of Revelation? The poor bugger was on a freaking island all by himself----he wasn't part of any 'congregation'. There are many other references in the NT that clearly shows having God's spirit on you had nothing to do with how many meetings you attended-----It had everything to do with your heart condition. And didnt' Jesus say " . . .For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.. . .(Matthew 18:20) ??

I find it interesting though, that they really didn't have anything to say with regards to 'waiting on Jehovah' for any of the above problems----they simply drone on about "you MUST do this!" or "you MUST believe this!" even though there's no scriptural evidence to back their outlandish claims. I guess the ever-growing problem of low meeting attendence had to be addressed, although they did a lousy job as per usual.

I'm giving this Craptower study article, two thumbs down.

• Robert222
    Robert222

I totally agree with your comments. I appreciate you posting them here for all of us to read. This is one of the reasons for me to finally completely stop attending those awful meetings. They bear no resemblance to the first century congregation. The more you read the bible, the more you get frustrated and angered by JW teachings, rules, endless regulations having nothing to do with actually worshipping god. I see more now how its recruitment, money, control over people, that's JW in a nutshell. They want you at their meetings to isolate you from your friends, family, co-workers. Yes, I used to listen to everything, Result? I have no education, no life. I am slowly getting back my relationships with family members that forgave me for shunning them, and building friendships outside the cult.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So much this year about those that leave Jehovah. They are leaving in droves, and the
    Collective is trying to retain the drones. There must also be a major change in the
    works- having to do with the remnant.

I can imagine the articles are damage control/ further mind-conditioning.

• Mystla
    Mystla
    feelings were hurt, they think a wrong is not being corrected, or they cannot accept some teaching

This covers just about anything an "apostate" might come up with as a reason to leave the JW's. Pedophiles? That's a wrong that will be corrected in due time! Can't handle any more "new light" shining in your eyes? You just can't accept the new teachings! Horrible judicial commitee treat you like dirt even when you have commited no wrong? You just have your feelings hurt!

This covers every reason that anyone on this board left the "truth" over. Gossip, fraud, false prophesy, it covers them all!

Good post Mary, lots of good reasoning on your part. We can definatly tell you haven't been a dub for awhile... you think for yourself! and use logic and reason!!

Misty (who left over hurt feelings, uncorrected wrongs and false teachings!)

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks Mary,

It's amazing that the WBTS has so much free time to announce to the members what you have posted.

Then again, if you have full time laundry service, house cleaning, no bills to pay, and meals cooked for your hind end 3 times a day.....I would imagine you have all the time in the world to dictate to the rank and file! This does not include the personal assistants to the governing body.....transportation provided and free rent, plus any extras they take advantage of......such as travel, cars, and anyone hosting them.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Paragraph 15 reads" In modern times, some have ceased associating with the local congregation, feeling that they will serve God on their own. They may say that it is because their feelings were hurt, they think a wrong is not being corrected, or they cannot accept some teaching. How reasonable is their course? While it is true that each Christian should have a personal relationship with God, we cannot deny that he is using a worldwide congregation, as he did in the apostles' day. Furthermore Jehovah used and blessed local congregations in the first century, arranging for qualified elders and ministerial servants to benefit the congregations. That is also true today."

God is using and blessing local congregations? I don't see it. The Public Talks are cut and paste. The Watchtower is full of reminders,rules,regulations,and how to follow the organization. The Book Study is recycled garbage.The Ministry School is an Avon pep rally on how to sell books and magazines.

Everything is about the organization. Listen to the organization. Follow the organization. Serve the organization. You can not make it without the organization.

They need to pound it in because the members are not as loyal as they were before. The members are going on with their lives. They take more vacations,spend less time in service,donate less,attend less meetings,and are not as fearful as once before. No new members mean that only hardcore members remain. And they are getting tired of waiting.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

so, dubs think their crap doesn't stink because they're not in "false" religion, but their "religion" is full of the same problems.

yet the gb wants them to stay 'cause Jehovah will fix everything in due time.

as carlos mencia would say, "dee dee dee!"

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The individual might go off on his own or be associating with just a few others, but where is the arrangement for congregation elders and the provision of ministerial servants?.....when Paul wrote to the congregation in Colossae and directed that the letter be read also in Laodicia, he spoke of being "rooted and beign built up in [Christ]." Those in the congregations, not individuals who separated themselves from such, would benefit from this.--Colossians 2:6, 7; 4:16

GREAT POST, MARY!! ( Now how do I get rid of this yellow higlight????)

Anyway....JWs are sucking all this tainted food down because I just got clobbered yesterday with the "if you aren't fellowshiping with elders and MSs in a congregation....then you aren't truly in God's oganization and won't have God's blessing" blah-blah-blah...

I loved your rebuttal and your discussion and I'll be adopting some of your thoughts the next time the need arises!

Thanks for the info!

hugs,

Annie

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Maybe this and the "anointed are nothing special" articles are coming out
    because the Bethelites that got kicked out of HQ are going around talking
    about the Governing Body, the anointed, the organization.

Maybe it's all just damage control.

Nah, they're leaving in droves, the Borg is trying to salvage the blind faithful.

• Mary
    Mary
    restrangled said: Then again, if you have full time laundry service, house cleaning, no bills to pay, and meals cooked for your hind end 3 times a day.....I would imagine you have all the time in the world to dictate to the rank and file! This does not include the personal assistants to the governing body.....transportation provided and free rent, plus any extras they take advantage of......such as travel, cars, and anyone hosting them.

Exactly. There was a documentary on TV a couple of years ago about 'How Bethel Runs'. It was obviously done with the full cooperation of the top guns because the cameras were in the laundry room, the kitchen, where the presses were etc. talking to the Bethelites. I remember the one woman in laundry stated that it was good that they provided all these services because "they wouldn't have time to study or attend all the meetings if they had to cook their own meals and do their own laundry." Well duuuuuhhh.....Do they think the average Witness can afford someone doing their laundry and cooking their meals? Of but that's different, I forgot.

I would love for the Governing Body members to actually have to WORK for a living, PLUS do their own laundry, clean their own rooms, cook their own food, and pay their own bills. Let's see how quickly they'd be dropping the 5 meetings a week down to one.

Maybe it's all just damage control.

Yep. I think that the focus behind virtually all the WT studies now. They're not even focusing on recruitment as much any more.....they're simply trying to prevent the steady exodus from Columbia Heights and around the world.

GREAT POST, MARY!! ( Now how do I get rid of this yellow higlight????)

Sunspot, you may want to try using the quotation box next to the smiley icon instead of the yellow highlight.....it works much better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit