can I be DF-ed without hearing?

by DannyBloem 26 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Okay I know the answer already.. you can.

but I like to ask about this situation.
    this JW is been divorced and of course found a new girlfriend. Quite clear that the relationship is more then just a friendship. If you know what I mean.

So in this case is it following the rules that this person isDF-ed, and it is anounced in the cong. He only hears this via via. later?

Also have to say that this person was not an active witness anymore for many years. His wife before was and is however.. She also did not know anything about him being df-ed?

Can this be?

What is the best action to takke? How can this person best try to apeal this case?

thanks in advance

DannyB

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Danny B,

I found out they announced me from my son, who doesn't go. His wife does go she told him, he told me. Not one iota of correspondence from the knot-heads at the KH. They can, and will do whatever the hell they want. And remember they used that toilet water- generic "So & So is no longer one of ....." announcement, which is code for the dubs to start ignoring you.

I'll appeal that announcement my own way, in due time. Not by watchtower protocol.

Dismembered

• Scully
    Scully

What the Elders™ will assume is that someone who is living common-law with someone of the opposite sex is committing fornication. They won't even bother with a Judicial Committee™ anymore. They refer to this as "disassociating oneself by one's actions".

It's splitting hairs though, in reality, now that they announce both DFings and DAs as so-and-so "is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So in this case is it following the rules that this person isDF-ed, and it is anounced in the cong. He only hears this via via. later?

As mentioned above, he is disassociating himself, according to their rules. No trial was needed.

The announcement would be made- "So-and-so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."
    What got back to you was the assumption that this meant he was disfellowshipped.

With their rules, the person did this to himself. There is no grounds/means for appeal by their rules.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Your friend has procedural grounds for appeal IF he WAS DF'd in absentia AND IF no attempt was made to invite him to the Judicial Committee meetings.

The request for appeal will be denied if your friend is still cohabiting with a person of the opposite sex to whom he is not married at the time of the request.

I hope this helps. If the person is you, Danny, allow me to offer you a warm welcome to the rest of your life.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• zack
    zack

Sorry to disagree, but in all my time as an elder no elder body that I was a part of EVER disfellowshipped anyone without a Judical Committe.

What they do is inform the BOE that sufficient evidence of wrong doing exists. The BOE appoints a JC. The JC is supposed to contact the individual. If the

individual AGREES to meet, this is taken as evidence that the individual feels like he is still under the authority of the congregation. If after agreeing he does not meet

with the JC, some brothers still go ahead with a meeting, and if there is enough evidence--- the usaul 2 witness rule---- they will disfellowship the individual becuase:

1. He felt himself under the authority of the congregation

2. THere was in fact evidence of wrongdoing

3. The individual was unrepentent, demonstrated by his actions and especially the action of NOT meeting when once agreeing to do so.

Of course, not all elders follow this, which is why disfellowshippings are often overturned if appealled.

If a person, however, is an apostate--- attends a church of "Babylon the Great" and it is public knowledge---- that in itself is evidence of wrongdoing for a JW JC. They still have to fo through the procedure, though apostacy is treated in JW land as wickedness and not weakness.

Zack----- of the will never agree to a JC class

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Zack, someone who doesn't live like a JW (fader, inactive) and doesn't attend meetings
    nor discusses any doctrine with JW's as far as the BOE knows- this person can be
    disassociated by their own actions. Actions would include the obvious- voting, joining the
    military or joining a church, but could also include living with a member of the opposite sex.

The BOE could even get directions from the Borg to DA in this case, telling the Borg details
    that lead them to believe this person was already disassociated but for the announcement.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Sorry. There have been many, many cases of df'ing without benefit of having been invited to a JC meeting, nor any announcement made to the intended or their family members. No matter what rules they have for conducting a meeting. Many, many times people have only found out after the deed is done.

Frannie

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I wonder if you're contacted for a JC meeting and you tell them that you're not going because you don't feel you should have to answer to them for anything, if you also said something along the lines that if an announcement is made referring to you as disfellowshipped because it infers gross wrong doing it will be slander and you will try to sue the congregation. I'm wondering if that would put a halt on the JC meeting or not? There's a pretty good case for it actually, inferring one is immoral or doing something less than desirable could cost one business and so forth, I think an OK case might be made for slander via disfellowshipping.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I was legally divorced and did not go for some time, my ex filed for a non scriptural divorce and changed her name, I moved on and they camped outside my house with 7 people and DF'd me anyway. They will do what they want.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit