can I be DF-ed without hearing?

by DannyBloem 26 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    What happened to the "2 witness" rule??

well thats an interesting question which i hadnt thought about till now..

if they can accept a written statement in this case...then why cant they in the case of abuse

the same principal would apply with regard to the ultimately jehovah knows line of reasoning

someone should ask them

• Workman
    Workman

sass_my_frass

• Workman
    Workman

sass_my_frass

• Workman
    Workman

Sass_my_frass,

(Sorry trigger happy)

My ex has never remarried, that is why it was completely out of the blue when they called, it was a good two years after I had told her. I asked them why it took so long and they said not really sure, just that they couldn't locate me.

In answer to how long between my empty threat and the letter, I would say only a few days, but I am sure enough time for them to call HQ and get an answer.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Like it or not, the JW religion is a private organization(at least in the US) and can technically expel members at any time for any reason. All it takes is at least a 2-1 vote on a three man judicial committee and you are out, and you do not have to be present. I personally know of committees that have df'ed people in absencia(sp?) many times.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Thank you all,

it is helpfull comments, no that there is much to do in this case, not that I did expect that anyway.

thanks

Danny B

• penny2
    penny2
    They will do what they want.

That's exactly right. And if you complain, they'll tell you to humble yourself, come back to meetings and apply for reinstatement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit