First & Last, One-time post

by journey-on 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

First WELCOME

I can't say I know very many JWs with money and the lifestyle you speak of so I am coming from a very different perspective.

Out of the 5 children my mother dragged into the WTS with her not one has stayed. I was the oldest and the only one to get baptized and stayed a JW for many years. I think my mother rode on my coat-tails for a long time especially after my husband became an elder. It was her free ride. After I left she had no one else to support her as a JWs.

She finally entered the full time service. She does her job to shun me. None of the others really have much to do with her.

It seems to me that her FT service and commitment to the WTS is more a matter of proving that the fact that none of her children are involved is no longer a reflection on her as a JW parent. The fault lies with us because "see how dedicated I am"

Not sure if I am explaining it right but its just another perspective

• sspo
    sspo

Loved it, hit it right on the head.

She has to search down deep now and analyze the motives of her worship.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

James Thomas...

What the hell have you been drinking and smoking?

Your comments have shown you to be a complete ass as to what jo was putting across.

I think you are the one with relationship problems. Have you no understanding of "feeling and compassion" for what a person is going through? Why make it an issue as to what this person believes in his heart?

But then again.........many emotional wimps use the keyboard to make themselves look impressive on this and other boards.

HappyDad

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

James Thomas...

What the hell have you been drinking and smoking?

Your comments have shown you to be a complete ass as to what jo was putting across.

I think you are the one with relationship problems.

HappyDad

The reason journey is suffering from emotional pain, is because of the beliefs his sister harbors that her beliefs are better than his, and so she shuns him = she good, he bad. His letter, which I read very carefully, showed he felt his beliefs are better then hers and that god would see through her = he good, she bad. Journey, is still trapped in basically the same divisive beliefs that caused the problem in the first place. In attempts to actually do something constructive and significant that would end the suffering, I posted as I did and pointed to what is uniting rather than divisive. We can give the addict his heron and he will feel better; or we can take it away and he will hurt like hell, but genuine healing will ensue. I guess I'm the bad guy for refusing to supply him his drug. j

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Oh, by the way, I would be the first to agree: I'm an ass.

j

• yesidid
    yesidid

James,

Is it past your bedtime?

You sound like my grand daughter when she's overtired. Although she is usually quite delightful, she gets quite spiteful and nasty when she's very tired.

I'm sure if you go and have a good sleep you will feel better in the morning.

Good-night

yesidid

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    I'm an ass.

lets see!!!!

• winnie
    winnie

First let me say that I think your letter is well thought out and well written. It's just a shame that your sister will never see it.

Secondly, James, what is your problem?

People vent their dissapointment, anger and hurt in may ways.

If it does not affect you personally, then I don't think you have the right to condemn someones actions/words based on your opinion of what is judgemental and self righteous. Unless, of course, they are asking for your opinion.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Welcome to the forum.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    We can give the addict his heron and he will feel better; or we can take it away and he will hurt like hell, but genuine healing will ensue. I guess I'm the bad guy for refusing to supply him his drug.

You're not the bad guy per se. In your analogy above, you didn't see that there's another way. Did you? Does that make you wrong or right? I know that you wanted Journey to see your way, but she/he is doing his/her way.

Did that make any sense?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit