Has the new Watchtower arrangement been announced in the UK yet?

by Gill 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

It's very easy to leave 'any kind' of reading material anywhere!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Fred, please keep posting. I am not the type to attack what others say, but I love your
    classic examples of indoctrinated people (the only shortcoming you have as far as WTS
    would be concerned is that you even come to this forum).

My understanding of the letter is that all regular meeting attenders who are working on improving their standing
    would still qualify for their open personal copy of each study publication, even as now.

It is necessary to be a regular meeting attender. It is necessary to "improve their standing." Is the definition of
    "improve their standing" to stop doing anything the Bible says is wrong, or anything the WTS says is wrong?
    Is the definition of "improve their standing" to accept everything the WTS says, and question it less and less?

Why should people need to 'qualify' for a study publication? Clearly, it means that your indoctrination sessions
    must reach the point where you would more easily agree with the printed material before you are able to read it.

Even private abuse will be rooted out with time. Jehovah's thoughts and ways are higher than our own.

While you don't say it directly, you continue the mantra "Wait on Jehovah." Basically, you allow the corporation
    to decide how best to handle a situation, assuming they have Jehovah's blessings. That's all fine and dandy, if
    you are right, but a bunch more kids could get hurt if they are not God's representatives. Should we let the
    Pope and his Cardinals and Bishops handle the abuse in the Catholic Church, or outside judges? They think that
    God favors them- same principle.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

It depends where you live, what happens if you do.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The Cultish direction deepens with this move.

Steve Hassan defines 'inside doctrine' and 'outside doctrine' as a key identifier of cults. The WTS is now enhancing it's already tainted perspective from the outside as a cult, with this direction. I can't recall how many thousand times as a witness I had to answer the question 'Why does your church have no windows?' the obvious implication being that we had 'secret' activitiy inside to hide from the public. Now, once word gets out that they publish one version for the public and one for the cult-followers, that implication is enhanced.

Good - the more the organization can do to scare the hell out of decent people and keep them from joining this bunch of nut case doomsayers, the better. Once Jimmy Jones got his little paradise organized in South America, I imagine there was not a big clammoring to get in on it. I just hope the 'insiders' don't drink the kool-aid.

Jeff

• Fred E Hathaway
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Astute point Fred. The venom of the cult is showing more readily nowadays. Thank the true God.

Jeff

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

just got announced at mine tonight. everyone very excited, the brother explained it was because in our study articles we want to get to the meat, and we cant because they have to print it for the public too, so when they use terms like pioneer and remant they have to explain it so how blessed are we that now we dont have to bother explaining it to anyone,

or changing our presention in the middle of the month now we can say the same thing the whole month thru!! and just place the public copy

it still astounds me how everyone is so taken in all the time and really thinks it is God that is deciding this!!!!!

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

I agree that this is in the direction of cultsh activity. One Watctower for deadicated servants of Jehovah and one watchtower for the public. This is true cult activity. Cults are insular by nature so there will be no end to the perversions of cult doctrine because there is no peer review outside of the cult. Expect the watchtower starting January 15 ,2008 to be the first in a series of perverted WTS doctrine and loaded language.

• Gill
    Gill

Cordelia - the WTBTS is absolutely brilliant for the spin it manages to put on its changes and control tactics. 'Brilliant' is not a word that can however be applied to its followers!

This is, to us looking in, a frightening new aspect to the Watchtower's behaviour and, perhaps the first few 'meaty' Watchtowers will not be TOO bad, but I fear what bizarre doctrines and 'new tunes' the Watchtower will have our loved ones dancing to in the coming years!!

I have been shocked at some of the brazenly stupid and bizarre views that have recently surfaced in Watchtowers, so what will they 'say' when the 'world' is not looking?!

• ex-perfectdaughter
    ex-perfectdaughter

This smells like downsizing to me. They are benefiting financialy under the disguise of "new light". Get the rank and file excited about "for your eyes only", the same ole bs from years ago, and save money too on printing GENIUS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit