Maybe I don't want to live in Paradise

by pratt1 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Good point Lt Love.

My biggest issue with "God is Love" is "if" (and that is a big if) the whole reason we are here today is because God wants to teach mankind that they "can't rule themselves", when is it enough?

Couldn't enough of mankind been at 100 million? 500 million...1 billion? Why the endless allowance of suffering of innocents to prove mankind can't rule themselves?

That along with the senseless punishment highlighted by Lt Love, makes me question everything. The paradise concept is story concocted by the WTBS to put the "other sheep" somewhere. Even though a peaceful time is alluded to from time to time in scripture, it is not clear in the very least.

And a JW paradise is no paradise to me.

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

From what I can remember,...once in "paradise" JW's will grow back to perfection. Which begs the question,...if the human body is perfect,...no sickness, no disease, no aging, etc, then will their human bodies produce bowel movements?

If their food is perfect and their bodies are perfect,...my guess is that there will be no more pooping.

I wonder what they think?

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    The paradise concept is story concocted by the WTBS to put the "other sheep" somewhere. Even though a peaceful time is alluded to from time to time in scripture, it is not clear in the very least.

Yeah, and then they make fun of other religions because the word 'trinity' doesn't apear in the bible...

Well neither does 'Governing Body' 'Disfellowship' or 'Paradise Earth'

(I promised myself I wouldn't make any sly remarks about the 'Lt Love' thing...)

Anyways, a lot of witnesses have really weird ideas about what paradise would be like... Some of them that I know think humans would be able to fly. (Based on the 'god will fullfill every desire' scripture) Some of them think that they'll all be naked, because clothes are only neccesary for imperfect people. Most of them think that they won't be allowed to eat meat. And some of them think that they won't have any electricity or modern machinery...

So if they're right, we end up with a bunch of naked caveman/hippies flying around hunting for fruit and berries for all eternity. (Yeah I know that's not what most of them think, but I thought it was funny enough to mention.)

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    If their food is perfect and their bodies are perfect,...my guess is that there will be no more pooping.

There better not be... imagine the droppings from one of them berryfed-flying-caveman-hippy-nudists...

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

With god all things are possible...

Forget about the horrors that arise from spending an eternity with nothing but dubs... I wouldn't want to live under Jehovahs 'protection' at all!

He's capable of saying 'be gone' and eliminating all the bad guys in a fraction of a second, no mess or suffering... but what does he do? He makes Noah build an ark, which theoreticaly took over 50 years of work, then he made him spend a year in an animal infested poop pit of a boat.

He could have given the Israelites everything they wanted... but he gave them one kind of food every day for 40 years, and they had to BEG for water before they got it. (And then they got in trouble for that yet.)

He made them waste forty years of their lives wandering about in the wilderness. Why? Because they didn't quite trust him to help them in battle... then after the forty years is up, he orders them to battle, and lets them hanging because ONE GUY took some money and clothes. (Yeah good thing they trusted him!)

So maybe all things are possible with god, but given his past record it's highly unlikely that you can count on him for a happy life. He talks a big game, but when he acctualy ends up having to do something, you end up with worm infested manna and a stinky boat. (Note: You provide the boat, and collect the rotting manna.)

You WIN, sir. In addition, after God drowns every living thing (and after a succulent-smelling sacrifice), he realizes that man is going to do whatever he feels like anyway (Gen 8:21). Ooops!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Lt.CmdLore:

I love your description of the god of the bible. You may be only 17 but you have the real picture. What you say is very sad but true and I challenge any true believer to try to make it sound better than it really is. In plain English, it sucks. It makes his "generosity" sound like torture, and, if you complain, you're dead.

But, I can imagine showing this to some die-hard JW and having them tell me that that's the way it is and how we are "imperfect" and don't deserve better....yada, yada. The true god must really hate us to place such impediments in front of us.

LHG

• RAF
    RAF

What is the Paradise? Conceptually it's about being satisfed (you can make up everything else around this concept) So when anyone is talking about a paradise (like in the bible for instance - it's how he wiewed it spiritually and put it literraly or imaged to share his view).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit