Maybe I don't want to live in Paradise

by pratt1 36 Replies latest jw friends

• pratt1
    pratt1

When I was a teenager, and really trying hard to be a "super Witness" I remember thinking that if all the wicked people were destroyed, how would this change our everyday life.

What happends to the people that supply electricity, water, garbage collection, gas, fuel for cars, mechanics, farmers, cattle herders, etc...

How would we survive?

If Armafoggeten happened in the winter would those in colder climates die?

I you were on some sort of medical equipment that required electricity, would you die if there is no one a run to work in the electrical plant?

Most importantly, what about plumbing? Would we go back to out houses?

I'm not so sure Paradise is such a great place?

What are your thoughts?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Matt 19:26 26 Looking them in the face, Jesus said to them: “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

You are over thinking the whole situation, whether here on earth or in heaven, does it really matter where, but the bigger point is, above.

abr

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Well if it really were paradise, all those things would be taken care of, but I think these kinds of thoughts highlight why so many people see through the watchtower bullshit before ever becoming involved -- an earth filled with just the so-called elite of society wouldn't constitute a paradise in any sense of the word.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Yes you do! And don't worry, there will be plenty of people there but no JW's. So, things are looking good.

Outaservice

• vitty
    vitty

I was reading a very funny article that asked "What about all the cows" ? It went onto ask what would happen to all the cows that would need milking the day after armageddon.........................well I dont know how to milk a cow, can you?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

abr has come back with the standard J W response., and of course it is irrefutable if one really accepts that Jehovah is in charge of things. He maintained, so they say,, the lives of 3 million Israelites in a hostile wilderness so he could surely look after them ."Faith ! brother...."

The bigger question is not the temporary discomforts of a fledgling New World but rather , would you really want to live forever under the regime of the Watchtower Society? Would you really be happy in a world with no freedom of thought or expression ? None of the arts and music that we love today?

Of course you would have to be happy to live with the knowlege that your life in paradise was at the expense of 6billion or so innocents who died to make it happen ? but most dubs seem to blank that thought out...

• greendawn
    greendawn

There will simply never be a paradise in the way the JWs perceive it, even the great crowd of Revelation are in fact in heaven not on earth as the JWs wrongly believe.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I don't believe living in Paradise constitutes living under the dominion of the WTS "Matrix," nor as the cloned "Steppford Wives" pod-people society.

Frannie

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Bluesbrother

abr has come back with the standard J W response.,

I find that offensive, trust me, in my town the last thing I am thought of is a witness, I actually believe I quoted the Bible not a magazine. yes I faith in God/Jehovah whether it is paradise earth or heaven, doesn't matter to me, take up my post with Christ, it was his words.

abr

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Wherever it might be, I still haven't lost my hope:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit