Do you make mistakes?

by Frannie Banannie 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

It seems sex and money is the drive in humans that causes the most mistakes, or was that just me. Maybe religion should also be included in there too.

Ken, mine have more to do with how many feet I can get in my mouth at one time. Although.....religion takes a close second (in the past.)

I have recently learned to reframe it for the kids in our house. I discovered that I don't make mistakes after all. I experience "teachable moments" that lead to "opportunities for improvement." I used to think I "screwed up" and "had to suffer the consequences." This new way is much more ... egotistic. Fortunately, the "opportunities for improvement" come with a boatload of consequences for "needing to improve" (read: "screwing up"). Major "needs for improvement" may mean the person needs to seek "opportunities for improvement" elsewhere as group living just doesn't lend itself to people who need a lot of improvement. How I prefer candid bluntness!

Yes, Frannie, I "need improvement" too.

LOL, Auld Soul! I lurv the way you think!

• DJK
    DJK
    I'm OK with that. But what I hate is how some of the mistakes have had such a huge penalty considering that they weren't intentional. It is the one thing that keeps me living in the past from time to time.

So, so true. Some shame I may carry for a while but it will go away. How much and for how long? Depends on the mistake.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Frannie,

Is there a daily prize for mistake making....cause I am just showing my ass today!

r's hubby

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I know that I make a lot of mistakes. more than others, the scripture in 1 Tim ch 1:16 now applies to me. I am the biggest sinner I know.

16 But I obtained mercy for the reason that in me, as the foremost [of sinners],

That is me.

abr

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yep all the time. And yeah I do admit to them, especially if I make them in front of my kids. I don't recall my parents ever saying they were wrong or sorry about anything and lord knows they have done some dozies. Sad thing is they still want their adults children to think that they can do no wrong and get highly upset when it's shown otherwise.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Actually I don't make m!steaks wi yo axe?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Is there a daily prize for mistake making....cause I am just showing my ass today!

(((((r's hubby))))) I'll cover yer butt, chere! That's the prize for today.

I know that I make a lot of mistakes. more than others, the scripture in 1 Tim ch 1:16 now applies to me. I am the biggest sinner I know.

16 But I obtained mercy for the reason that in me, as the foremost [of sinners ],

That is me.

ABR, I see you have a huge personal eraser there, too.

Yep all the time. And yeah I do admit to them, especially if I make them in front of my kids. I don't recall my parents ever saying they were wrong or sorry about anything and lord knows they have done some dozies. Sad thing is they still want their adults children to think that they can do no wrong and get highly upset when it's shown otherwise.

Same here, ((((Mrs Jones)))) Except mine are gone now.

• Golf
  • Golf
    Golf

We all make mistakes, the question is, how many of us admit it?

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit