Favorite Quotes

by Abandoned 139 Replies latest social entertainment

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.Groucho Marx

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Always grab the reader by the throat in the first paragraph, sink your thumbs into his windpipe in the second, and hold him against the wall until the tag line. - Paul O'Neil

• Twitch
    Twitch

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

- Hunter S. Thompson

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Being creative is head-pounding, nail-biting, hard work no matter what your profession. So bottom line—ya gotta find the humor in it or you'll die like a rat on the road. - Richard Krzemien

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i was at a jw funeral yesterday and everyone was telling me how well i looked

i told them i was in disguise....

but i wish i had remembered this line from a marillion song....

" Strange how much pain you can hide away beneath a well-cut suit "
  • brinjen
    brinjen

I think, therefore I left... Freeminds.org

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic, and so am I. Oscar Levant

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs, but by how high he bounces when he hits bottom.Gen. George S. Patton

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. Bill Cosby

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Language is a cracked kettle on which we bang out tunes to make the bears dance, when what we long for is to move the stars to pity. -Gustave Flaubert

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

The most important things are the hardest things to say. They are the things you get ashamed of because words diminish your feelings — words shrink things that seem timeless when they are in your head to no more than living size when they are brought out - Stephen King

• golf2
    golf2

One for now. "The more I travel, the more I realize how little I know." The late Will Rogers. I've added extra words to Mr. Rogers quote.

"The more I travel (and meet people) the more I realize how little I know."

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit