Favorite Quotes

by Abandoned 139 Replies latest social entertainment

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I love inspirational quotes. I read through them from time to time and I always feel better after sharing the thoughts of yesterday and today's greatest minds. Here are a few:

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau

"Nothing splendid has been achieved except by those who dared to believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance." - Bruce Barton

"Whatever you want to do, just do it. Don’t worry about making a fool of yourself. Making a fool of yourself is absolutely essential." - Gloria Steinem

"Keep away from those who belittle your ambitions, small people always do that, but truly great people, make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain

"The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who
    try to do nothing and succeed." Lloyd Jones

What are some of your favorite quotes?

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

bttt

• restrangled
    restrangled

Lifes a bitch and then you die. My Father in Law

r's hubby

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

A couple from Sir Winston Churchill

"A fanatic is one who won't change his mind and can't change the subject"
    "We make a living by what we get: we make a life by what we give"
  • tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.
    • The Psychology of the Unconscious (1943)

-C.G. Jung

Beware of the person of one book.

- Thomas Aquinas (attributed)

tetra

• Clam
    Clam
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." --Albert Einstein
  • SirNose586
    SirNose586

Thanks for those Abandoned, I've saved them.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Here are some more:

"You can learn new things at any time in your life if you are willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you." - Barbara Sher

"Opportunities are disguised by hard work, so most people don’t recognize them." - Ann Landers

"Opportunity…often it comes in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat." Napoleon Hill

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - Martin Luther King Jr.

"When I face the desolate impossibility of writing 500 pages, a sick sense of failure falls on me, and I know I can never do it. Then gradually, I write one page and then another. One day’s work is all I can permit myself to contemplate." John Steinbeck

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Abandon hope, all ye who enter here." (Dante, referring to the Inferno, but equally applicable to the WTS.)

• loosie
    loosie

Don't cry becasue it's over, smile becsue it happened

Men aren't worth your tears, the one who is worth it won't make you cry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit