Favorite Quotes

by Abandoned 139 Replies latest social entertainment

• PEC
    PEC

Men live in a fantasy world. I know this because I am one, and I actually receive my mail there. - Scott Adams

• PEC
    PEC

Many people think that if they were only in some other place, or had some other job, they would be happy. Well, that is doubtful. So get as much happiness out of what you are doing as you can and don't put off being happy until some future date. - Dale Carnegie

• zagor
    zagor

yup I'll drink to these ...

“I'm not upset that you tricked me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

“Misfortune shows those who are not really friends.” ~ Aristotle

---

But my absolute favorite would come from good old Bruce Lee

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering"

Love it!

• zagor
    zagor

oh I love these...

"A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man"

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - gotta be true, it came from Einsten ;)

"Beauty lies in the eye of the beer holder."

"Middle Age is when your age starts to show around your middle"

• PEC
    PEC

Love isn't a decision. It's a feeling. If we could decide who we loved, it would be much simpler, but much less magical. - Trey Parker and Matt Stone

• PEC
    PEC

The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking. - A. A. Milne

• zagor
    zagor

"Aging is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind it doesn't matter"

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway."

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.”

"Some people are so afraid to die that they never begin to live. "

though this song's lyrics say it all really ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAjYcuQOpRA

• PEC
    PEC

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible. - Bertrand Russell

• PEC
    PEC

There is some magic in wealth, which can thus make persons pay their court to it, when it does not even benefit themselves. How strange it is, that a fool or knave, with riches, should be treated with more respect by the world, than a good man, or a wise man in poverty! - Ann Radcliffe

• caliber
    caliber
    Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at. - Carlos A. Urbizo

Pec quoted this quote back a few posts.. it reminds me of what I heard about WW1

In the trenches if you kept your head up above the trenches you could be shot... if you kept your

head too low the mustered gas may kill you... take your pick !!!! .....

Cal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit