What Are Proofs That JWs REALLY Don't Believe Their Own Rhetoric?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

The local dubs as I remember them were so totally materialistic they obviously didn't act as armageddon was just round the corner if they did they wouldn't be so wealth oriented.

• jgnat
    jgnat

• The Watchtower's long term investments and land purchases.
    • Elder's children going to college.
    • The "witness shuffle" down the sidewalk.
    • Failure to take full advantage of modern media like radio, television, commercials, videos, CD's and the internet.
  • minimus
    minimus

They talk against the clergy's sex abuse but maintain you need witnesses to disfellowship their own.

They call themselves "Christians" but thet are an Old Testament sect.

They refuse to accept Christ as THEIR High Priest unless you're a member of a symbolic group of 144,000.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

realized when I was Secretary that many make up service time. Example: on more than one occasion I misplaced some slips and had to ask publishers to resubmit their reports. Eventually I found the misplaced slips and they never were the same as the new ones they gave me. I could only conclude that people guessed as to what their time was so it was.

Yes worse case was a sister who Aux Pioneered but wwas NEVER seen out in the service taht month - but she put down 60 hours on her report

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Really good one posted here everybody, it always got me

The end is coming the end is coming as they banked millions and had the career, the investments, the money, but keep telling everyone to do more, as they stand there on the podium telling others to do more as they accumulate more.

abr

• DJK
    DJK

I continue to see differences in the JWs from one area to another. Wealth being another issue. They are not wealthy in my area. "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

• sspo
    sspo

Good friend of mine who has been an elder for 20 years is constantly reminding me that the end is so close that you can touch that new sytem of things, yet both of his kids are in college making sure they will have a good income in the future?

Does he truly beleive that the end is so close?

• dobbie
    dobbie

The shuffle lol i'd forgotten that! It used to really wind me up that some witnesses would crawl from door to door, i'd be marching along one moment and pulled back the next with pleas to slow down so they could spread their time and look like they did more than slowly shuffle along. I used to try to walk as quick as i could to get the ministry ordeal over and done with!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think a lot do believe their own "rhetoric", to use your pejorative. But I think there are signs of weakening belief too.

Why do they allow children to have blood now without any fuss? If they believed it so strongly wouldn't they still be advocating abducting children to avoid blood?

Slim

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

an elder at my congregation refused a talk about pioneering because he did not pioneer himself and said he could not go out there and encourage others to to it, what he did not himself.

He got a reprimant by other elder who did not pioneer, was in good health and did not work, because he refused to do it. The otehr elder basically said, just fake that you like pioneering....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit