What Are Proofs That JWs REALLY Don't Believe Their Own Rhetoric?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I knew Secretaries that would instruct the congregation to stay ONLY at Society approved motels but stay at their favorite plush hotels and go a different week so no one could tell.

• blondie
    blondie

The end is near, just around the corner yet

1) JWs continue to marry

2) JWs continue to have children

3) JWs are not regular pioneering even though the WTS has said that the ones that do not have the circumstances are in the minority

a) They continue to work full-time

b) Both JW spouses work full-time even though they have no children

c) Both spouses work full-time, have children and hire non-JWs to raise their children

d) JWs buy houses, cars, take expensive vacations, go to college

e) Elders have jobs that make them miss meetings on a regular basis

f) They don't care folks, as long as they get their 1 hour a month in and attend most of the meetings they have their survival through Armageddon cinched, and they will live in a paradise earth.

If there were such paradise, I wonder who will be doing all the work at 1 hour a month?

*** w87 2/1 p. 15 par. 1 Doing Our Utmost to Declare the Good News ***

A FEW years ago, many of us thought that only those with special circumstances could pioneer," wrote a pioneer, or full-time minister, in Japan. "It seems we were wrong. We are learning that only those with special circumstances cannot pioneer."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Blondie,

Let's have some balance please. Sure there are many who betray by their actions that they don't put their full trust in the Witness beliefs they espouse. But there are other Witnesses who show they really do believe it by making big sacrifices. Still more probably lie somewhere in the middle: prepared to make some important sacrifices, but also making concessions for themselves where it would really hurt.

Slim

• minimus
    minimus

Slim, the TYPICAL JW, including elder, do just what Blondie said. To be fair, you are always trying to play devil's advocate and you're not a very good apologist .

• Honesty
    Honesty

It's easy to figure the JW's out when you really have His Spirit in you.

For just as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 1 Cor 15:22

So it is written: The first man Adam became a living being ; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit. However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual. The first man was from the earth and made of dust; the second man is from heaven. Like the man made of dust, so are those who are made of dust; like the heavenly man, so are those who are heavenly. 1 Cor 15:45-48

ADAM JESUS

What a man does What a man is

Competition with other men Community with other men

Temporal power Transcendent power

Personal rewards Eternal rewards

Thinks about self Thinks about others

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Maybe that view is so popular among apostates because it is those who are only playing a part and are insincere that tend to end up apostate.

Slim, the TYPICAL JW, including elder, do just what Blondie said.

Maybe it's the genuine ones who stay, and will never end up on a board like this to give the other point of view.

Slim

• minimus
    minimus

Nah, Slim....you speak well for your community.

• blondie
    blondie

SBF, remember I am old, older than dirt. I started regular pioneering in the early 70's; I saw how many were anxious to pioneer, brothers because of the draft in the US and sisters because brothers only wanted to marry pioneer sisters. 1975 came and went without the "end" coming and the Vietnam War ended and suddenly very few regular pioneered, going to Bethel was the push for brothers (and pioneering was no longer a requirement to get into Bethel) so they could come back and be on the fast track to being an MS or an elder and sisters still pioneering so they could attract a mate. People started having children, buying houses, taking cruises, and not pioneering..

It was quite lonely as a single pioneer sister.

I see parents with sons thinking that they are covered with God because their sons go to Bethel (for a year maybe two then come home with the Bethel mystique) and their daughters pioneer (at least until they get married) while mom and dad pay their way.

My last congregation had only one sister under 20 who was a regular pioneer at least until she got married last year at 24. All of the older pioneers are retired or have a few bucks and don't even have to work secularly. The last single sister pioneer who is over 40 quit last year; too hard to make a living and put in 70 hours a month. Not that a couple of elder's wives aren't making her life miserable making her feel guilty about quitting although they have never worked outside the home and all their children left the nest years ago and "they" aren't pioneering.

So now with the end again being pushed by headquarters, do we see a similar response as in the late 60's and early 70's? Nope.

They know they don't have to pioneer to get the reward.

Blondie (older than dirt)

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, you're soooooooooooooooooooooo unbalanced.

• Caine
    Caine
    I realized when I was Secretary that many make up service time.

Aah, nothing like good old Phantom Pioneers. There were so many phantom pioneers in my hall, they would get all of their hours but never in service. They all lie about field service time. The CO was at the hall back in November and ok'd it. He said your service time starts when you start your ministry, and that was when you decided you started your ministry. He said no one has the right to question when you started your ministry.. thats a green light to me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit