What Are Proofs That JWs REALLY Don't Believe Their Own Rhetoric?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

What i have noticed among the JW's, it's the old timer sisters that faithfully beleive.

Many of them continue pioneering. They truly live the " truth" and are very happy doing "god's will".

The rest are just putting time, warming a seat at the KH. and have very little zeal,

Many do not beleive that the end is coming in their life time ( I wonder why? )

The elders are the ones that because of their position in the cong. have to take the lead but once out there you can tell

their heart is not in it.

When they go out it's primarily for socializing and visiting some friends.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The recent Kingdom News campaign. The putative intent is to give a life-saving warning to the general public about an imminent destruction, and yet only 50 copies are printed for each Witness to "place" and many JWs are content only to leave them in mailboxes.... If this was really such an important message, why not get on the airwaves to warn as many people as possible? Where is the real sense of urgency?

• dobbie
    dobbie

I always think that if they truly believed it all and that the world will end any second now, they'd all quit their jobs and get out on the field ministry everyday, rather than doing the token hour of it then all meeting up for a pub lunch or round of golf.They seem to do as little as they can get away with,and alot of its for show so they can feel good about themselves after.To my mind none of the jws i know even try to act as if the big A is really coming, so i don't think any of them do believe it

• hybridous
    hybridous

My casual observations tell me that a higher percentage of JW teens are preparing for, and going to, college. And, this is happening with full support from witness parents.

If these parents and kids really believed that a college eduaction was as valueless as the WT tells them, why would they be doing this?

I think it's because they know better. No one will stand up and say it, but I'm sure it rattles 'round in their heads...'Those 'brothers' writing the WT don't know what they're taking about, and I'm not flushing my son's/daughter's future like my parents did to me....'

At an almost glacial pace, regular witnesses are learning that survival means discarding or ignoring certain WT platitiudes at certain times. The absolute adherence of yesteryear's witnesses to every damn word is now an exception, not a rule, like the title of this thread implies.

Any change, no matter how small, which damages the WT gets my applause. Call them hypocrytes, maybe they are, but a first step to getting out is realizing that you don't believe it.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

RHETORIC SEEMS LIKE SUCH A NICER NAME THAN 'BS'!

Outaservice

• Terry
    Terry

I recently discovered through conversation with an "old time" buddy of mine (who was active in the 60's when I was) a tidbit of staggering news.

There was a older fellow at the Kingdom Hall who greeted everybody with wintergreen mints and a friendly manner. He was an insurance salesman in his employment and, I think, had retired by the time I knew him. His son was a young teen like I was and we all (the young guys) hung out together in our spare time.

As far as I know Harry Sr. (now deceased) was a JW in good standing.

Yet:

1.Never went out in service or reported any time.

2.Drank heavily

3.Was abusive to his wife

4.Never joined the Theocratic Ministry School

5.Handed out keys to the Kingdom Hall

Not a great scandal, I suppose, yet it is rather astonishing.

A good ole boy can get away with a lot (or at least use to be able to.)

The son became a Pioneer for awhile.

He:

1.Ditched magazines and counted them as placements

2.Goofed off out in service pretending to ring doorbells, unscrewing porchlights, introducing himself with a ridiculous alias, etc.

3.Beat his wife

4.Huffed gasoline to get high!

5.Wrecked his car frequently by driving crazy. (Weaving just for a laugh).

6.Had dated just about every available sister in the state (as a successful lothario.)

Interesting Kingdom Hall, eh?

• minimus
    minimus

I like the "Pioneer Shuffle".

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

When wts was teaching 1975 being the end, they were buying prime real estate in Brooklyn and other places.

• minimus
    minimus

Instead of the Organization being run by Bible teachers and preachers, they are run by lawyers, kinda like the Pharisees.

• Jeepthing
    Jeepthing

We had an anointed one who only witnessed formally but never informally. Never heard of him talking about the Bible or teachings of society except when he was out for service. Used to think it was odd.

I thought this one was really crazy. PO in kh was giving a talk on putting kingdom interest first and was refering to older ones to become reg. pioneers and go preaching more since they have more time after retirement or whatever. But he was't out pioneeing instead he was selling his present house(nice home and just refinished whole house to sell) and building a brand new home out in the country in his family land. He never became reg. pioneer after the retirement, just aux. pioneered during memorial month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit