What Are Proofs That JWs REALLY Don't Believe Their Own Rhetoric?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Jehovah's Witnesses talk a big game but in reality they are filled with hot air. They SAY a lot of things but don't always back it up. For example, JWs are told that meeting attendance is of paramount importance but the truth is anytime a meeting might be called off due to inclement weather, JWs would anxiously wait by the phone from their elders saying the meetings were being canceled.

JWs tell everyone that their preaching work is a "life-saving" work but the truth is they don't utilize the most effective modern ways of getting this "life-saving" message out. The proof is that they REALLY DON'T CARE!

Can you think of other examples??

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I have been DA'd for 8 years....and have not recieved any "calls from elders"in all that time. If the big "A" was coming andI was going to be killed....wouldn't they show SOME interest??

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I remember a few elders who often gave talks on "simplifying your lifeā„¢" and "pioneeringā„¢". These were elders that had good jobs, big homes, cottages, 2 cars, and 2 vacations in the tropics every year.

W

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I realized when I was Secretary that many make up service time. Example: on more than one occasion I misplaced some slips and had to ask publishers to resubmit their reports. Eventually I found the misplaced slips and they never were the same as the new ones they gave me. I could only conclude that people guessed as to what their time was so it was.

• minimus
    minimus

XB---I saw the same thing.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I realized when I was Secretary that many make up service time. Example: on more than one occasion I misplaced some slips and had to ask publishers to resubmit their reports. Eventually I found the misplaced slips and they never were the same as the new ones they gave me. I could only conclude that people guessed as to what their time was so it was.

That's why, if I'd already put a slip in the box, I'd tell them I forgot, and that I'd given them the only record of my activity. If they lost it that was their problem, not mine. I assumed they were looking for a discrepency. I eventually just started giving them reports filled with zeros. They never once said a word about that. W

• Terry
    Terry

When you live a lie you compartmentalize separate patterns of thought and keep them away from each other.

JW's tend to lead double lives. They have a public persona, a private persona and a JW persona. With practice these are separate lives.

The irrationality makes them ill (mentally) and depression is the result.

Contradiction is the number #1 signal you are living a lie.

1.You think one way and live another

2.You profess a belief and practice something different

3.You make excuses constantly

4.You change the subject when outside your comfort zone

Looking back on when I was most active at the Kingdom Hall I can remember my young friends who did outrageous things that weren't kosher. But, oddly (thinking back) I didn't think of what they were doing as BAD per se so much as a quirky part of their personality.

I guess I must have rationalized it this way. We have the one True Religion. We have King's X!

Kind of like the stupid bumper sticker: Christians aren't perfect; Just FORGIVEN!

It took me decades to clean out my brain and re-examine everything I had place value on.

The damage was awful.

• minimus
    minimus

Going along with Terry, JWs learn how to successfully lead a double life. Everything is doable---as long as you go to meetings and out in service.

• DJK
    DJK

I have recently spoke to an individual who was brought into the truth in his/her teens. I learned the parents allowed their siblings to celebrate Christmas (secretly) with aunt's, uncle's and cousins. The father became an elder. ?????

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The fact that they have a huge interest in real estate and stocks under the pretense that it's for the world wide kingdom work. Then, they don't really use the investments for the betterment of the rank and file. They keep soaking the rank and file, mainly the elderly ones for their assets, inheritances, stocks, wills, properties etc.

If they did believe their own rhetoric, why the money grabbing?

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit